Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Walsall (H)

Spider

3 minutes ago, Cartman2932 said:

Wank freekick 

Said to my mate that it’d hit the wall, I don’t think I’ve seen a free kick this season that has actually been lifted over the wall - it’s the same with corners and most crosses, we hit the first man. It’s embarrassing that it’s so regular that players can’t lift a ball off the ground from a dead ball situation.

Need a rocket up them at half time, only in the last 5 minutes did we look anything like interested!

Can’t believe how bad we are. Definitely Lee and Delfouneso off at half time, replace with Thomason and Maddison. We’re just so slow and nobody’s moving off the ball leaving Walsall to mark up too easily. We’re back to the slowly slowly shit we played against Barrow except we’re a goal down. Need to up the pace, this is just awful.

Well . Hopefully a right fucking bollocking is handed out and for me personally 2 immediate subs to shake this slumber up. Fair play to Walsall they have taken the game to us and it seems a few of ours have taken their eye of the threat from Walsall .

Let's hope we start to up the tempo and who knows an early goal could turn it on its head again . It will be criminal if after all the hard work we fuck up now.

• Moderators
Just now, Francis Fogarty said:

Poor, very poor. Did their goal effort get a deflection ? If not Gilks was a bit slow to it.

I think lee doesnt know where the balls gone til too late and the shot just bounces in a really tough place for gilkes

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Too sloppy for large parts of that, had a few nice moves but few and far between and lacked end product. Hopefully a better second half in store, seemed to be growing into it towards the end of the first half, still not good enough

Good play but far too pedestrian. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Said to my mate that it’d hit the wall, I don’t think I’ve seen a free kick this season that has actually been lifted over the wall - it’s the same with corners and most crosses, we hit the first man. It’s embarrassing that it’s so regular that players can’t lift a ball off the ground from a dead ball situation.

Need a rocket up them at half time, only in the last 5 minutes did we look anything like interested!

Exactly,  I dont expect us to score from every corner or freekick but we carry so little threat from set pieces it is poor. They are an opportunity to build pressure, test the keeper and maybe score. Especially against teams who sit deep they should be providing us with opportunities to unpick those teams, but we offer nothing and generally see a break from those positions. 

Thing is, being so cocksure over your tactics means the opposition know full well how you will play, so can counter it. PV did it last week to be fair, and these lot are too.

So if we can't play the way we want, or are prevented from doing so, what's our Plan B??

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Midfield struggling today

Could be that Dapo, Isgrove and Delf  all playing leaves MJ and Lee with too much to do between the 2 of them, as we are defo being dominated in there.

Thomason in front of the midfield 2 would be better balance IMO. Who you'd sacrifice....just not Dapo

My thinking too... Thomasson for the Fonz. They are twice as threatening with half the possession. Absolutely no intensity & we need someone to run at the from deep to pull them out of shape. 

On another note I would be interested to compare Doyles goals to touches ratio against the other goalscorers in this league, we hardly ever play off him. If he gets any deeper he will be playing next to Santos. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Can’t see the game today but going off the comments Fonz in the 10 spot hasn’t looked great. If Maddison is gonna show us anything now might be the time

COYWM

Fonz has done a great impression of the invisible man , but no one else has exactly covered themselves in glory.

Edited by dusan nikolic

4 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Thing is, being so cocksure over your tactics means the opposition know full well how you will play, so can counter it. PV did it last week to be fair, and these lot are too.

So if we can't play the way we want, or are prevented from doing so, what's our Plan B??

Exactly- close us down quick and we haven’t an answer