Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Walsall (H)

Spider

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Look how often the opposition strikers/midfielders come charging out to close us down and stop us playing. Doing that time and time again in a game is tiring. It’s all part of the plan

It does seem to, but often wonder why teams don't just drop deep and let us have it?? When we were conceding goals earlier in the season then pressing us caused errors.

Now we good why do they bother, especially as it creates spaces further up the pitch for us to utilise.? I think we struggle to break down teams who sit in deep.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I don't disagree about it's effectiveness at all , but it does make for frustrating watching at times , wouldn't you agree? .

But the proof is in the pudding at the minute and long may it continue.

Absolutely. Gets on my tits at times but I must admit, I quite enjoy watching us these days. I just wish we'd get to check mate a bit earlier

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

I'd take out Dapo for Arthur, thought Isgrove did a lot more for us today.

Afolayan could be phenomenal if he ever found any end product.

Said this a few times, but also not sure Isgrove's end product is much better. 

Think this is why they are playing in league 2, but it ain't half frustrating at times.

We get it wide plenty but the final ball is often lacking

Edited by Cartman2932

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

I'd take out Dapo for Arthur, thought Isgrove did a lot more for us today.

Afolayan could be phenomenal if he ever found any end product.

Isgrove works hard and makes a nuisance of himself and there's a benefit to that, of course. The trouble is he's just fundamentally not very good. He has neither the pace nor the strength to beat his marker and his crosses all too often hit the first man.

There's a logic to playing him against the better teams because his work rate comes in handy. For that reason I can see him starting against FGR. Against teams content to sit back though, I think we can afford to accomodate better attacking talents.

12 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Sure I read we were down to 1 full time groundsman so couldn't do the lighting gantries by himself.

There HAVE to be some guys* who'd do that for an few hours each week.

*or heavily built women, if there are any in the Bolton area.

The ref got the 3 big decisions right......our pen, defo, they hardly complained.

The sending off.....harshish, halfalion made a meal of it, but lift your hands like that nowadays & you're going off........& no sympathy to a shower of cunts who were constantly trying to con the ref.

Their pen.....I feared the worst in real time but replays showed it as another dive.

Not at our best, Walsall made it difficult ( i thought the forward with the headband was a nuisance ) but deserved in the end, & showed some fighting spirit again,  EIEIEIO

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

your sarcasm will look like wise words in about 45mins

such a wise man Hughmungus

Wise words..........................................................................................................................................:lol:

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's still the best pitch in L2

To be fair, there’s a pitch on the corner of Stitch mi Lane and Deepdale Road which is better than some I’ve seen this season.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The ref got the 3 big decisions right......our pen, defo, they hardly complained.

The sending off.....harshish, halfalion made a meal of it, but lift your hands like that nowadays & you're going off........& no sympathy to a shower of cunts who were constantly trying to con the ref.

Their pen.....I feared the worst in real time but replays showed it as another dive.

Not at our best, Walsall made it difficult ( i thought the forward with the headband was a nuisance ) but deserved in the end, & showed some fighting spirit again,  EIEIEIO

The ref must’ve been looking directly at that incident. Anything in the peripheral vision would probably be a penalty.

Isgrove will start next sat. His work rate, defensive tracking and the fact that he can carry the ball makes him a cert. more often away from home and particularly when we’re up against teams in and around us. 

what we lose going forward with him v’s Arthur is outweighed by all the other stuff. Whereas Arthur can give more of an attacking spark he lacks the other bit

Make Sure you don’t lose to your rivals, especially away from home and win your home games. That’ll get us over the line 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The ref must’ve been looking directly at that incident. Anything in the peripheral vision would probably be a penalty.

I think you are spot on with that. It’s one of those that from so many angles, including how we were looking at it, it looked a pen, but the ref seemed to be looking directly down the line and immediately got his card out to book him. 

It really is amazing how refs decisions go against you when your lucks down and for you when generally things are going your way.

We play the wrong system

We are playing the wrong players

Our corners free kicks and throw ins are rubbish

Our tempo is too slow, need to get in the box quicker

32 points from last 36. We are throwing it away.

😁😎😂

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Good result, good second half.

I had the goal alert and the final score alert 3 minues before the final whistle.

Watching on ifollow mobile in the car, walsall goal alert came up 30 second before they scored

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ani said:

We play the wrong system

We are playing the wrong players

Our corners free kicks and throw ins are rubbish

Our tempo is too slow, need to get in the box quicker

32 points from last 36. We are throwing it away.

😁😎😂

😂🤣

All the changes that are proposed during the game is another one that makes me smile.

If it had been a fan based, in game selection/substitution process going on today it could have been a completely different outcome today, especially the calls for Lee to be replaced. 

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

😂🤣

All the changes that are proposed during the game is another one that makes me smile.

If it had been a fan based, in game selection/substitution process going on today it could have been a completely different outcome today, especially the calls for Lee to be replaced. 

Lee is better than this level, as a team we struggled first half. Lee and our better players stepped up second half that is why they are 'better'.