Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our remaining 11 games

Burndens Bogs

On paper, grass and form Saturday is the easiest game we have left. A win to keep momentum going is essential. 

The fact we are in form breeds confidence in the players and in the 'system' we play. Let's keep it going. 

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I find it difficult to predict that anybody can score against Santos/Baptiste atm.

Dapo's due a goal, as is either Lee or Williams & I always fancy Doyle to score.

So, 3-0 it is then.

I think a Dapo goal could see his performances up a level to be even better

• Members
On 14/03/2021 at 21:35, marple whites said:

Same run as the last 11 and we will be well in it.

That will be 22 games unbeaten. I don’t know where that puts us but there can’t be too many more teams with an unbeaten run like that. 

One game at a time

4 hours ago, Ani said:

On paper, grass and form Saturday is the easiest game we have left. A win to keep momentum going is essential. 

The fact we are in form breeds confidence in the players and in the 'system' we play. Let's keep it going. 

Also got Grimsby and Colchester to play and they are bottom of form table last 10 games.  Hopefully we can rely on 3 wins from those 3 but there will be plenty buses being parked.

4 hours ago, Steejay said:

I find it difficult to predict that anybody can score against Santos/Baptiste atm.

Dapo's due a goal, as is either Lee or Williams & I always fancy Doyle to score.

So, 3-0 it is then.

Don't hold your breath on MJW, 100 games played in 6 years, yet to score!  Just one of those players who doesn't have an attacking instinct.

Lee has scored 3 or 4 a season in his career but has probably changed his game to be less dynamic to help prolong his career, and he's not one for having a go from 20 yards.

Dapo definitely deserves a goal.

26 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

One thing to consider is with only one definitely relegated and one to play off as we get into the last few weeks  of the season there could be a lot of teams with nothing to play for

Only 1 definitely relegated? How so?

3 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Doesnt second bottom go into a play-off with the division below??

They didnt used to.  It was 2 straight down and 1 up as champions, the other via play offs amongst the teams finishing 2nd to 5th.

Bury's place has been filled now hasn't it? We are back to 92 Clubs?

24 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

One thing to consider is with only one definitely relegated and one to play off as we get into the last few weeks  of the season there could be a lot of teams with nothing to play for

Looking at ours the only game that looks like it might come into that category is Crawley but they are looking like a form team for now.  I think we'll have to do it the hard way.