Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grundy Fold

Elson

2 hours ago, jeep said:

Thanks for that 👍

So, would the couple (Lee & Jenny) on Gogglebox have to move out of their caravans once a year? 

I'm presuming you watch Gogglebox! 

It's her van, he lives most of the year in Cyprus. (Except this year) I guess she probably fucks off over there with him for the month the site will close - I think restrictions have been relaxed this year due to some virus thing that's going round

1 minute ago, Gonk said:

I think restrictions have been relaxed this year due to some virus thing that's going round

You'd have thought so, but loads of people have had to move into rented accommodation this past year as caravan sites got shut down.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Traf said:

You'd have thought so, but loads of people have had to move into rented accommodation this past year as caravan sites got shut down.

Certainly wasn't any leeway given in Wales. 

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Not being funny but half a metre isn't hugely out of scale. Not saying it is right but hardly end of the world.

It's not right, but as you say, 25cm either side of a house that big isn't noticeable, so a neighbour has clearly gone on site and measured it to grass them up.

On 15/03/2021 at 21:09, Gonk said:

It's her van, he lives most of the year in Cyprus. (Except this year) I guess she probably fucks off over there with him for the month the site will close - I think restrictions have been relaxed this year due to some virus thing that's going round

It is just a holiday caravan, they just meet up there for the filming.

Edited by farnworth white

• Site Supporter
On 15/03/2021 at 11:05, Elson said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/19160496.live-planning-inquiry-grundy-fold-mansions-begins/

So what we thinking, I would love to see them all knocked down but can’t see it.

While you're at it, have a word about that house on Plodder Lane. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

8 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

While you're at it, have a word about that house on Plodder Lane. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

What house on Plodder Lane? .

Grundy Fold , back in our day , half of Deane would have been camping out and practically living in them .

Any abandoned house was fair game. There was a dormer bungalow on Chorley New Road that was  the setting for some great partys. Looks a decent place now 

5 hours ago, embankment said:

Come from Bradford Road as though you're heading for Smethurst Lane.

Just past the right turn for the hospital, it's on the left, it backs on to Tig Fold Road.

• Site Supporter

Inquiry has finished.

in the BEN it says:

Planning inspector Jason Whitfield will now deliberate on the appeals and publish his decisions at a a future unspecified date.”

Or to put it another way

”Planning inspector Jason Whitfield will now deliberate the offers from both sides and probably end up with a new car”

• Members
19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Inquiry has finished.

in the BEN it says:

Planning inspector Jason Whitfield will now deliberate on the appeals and publish his decisions at a a future unspecified date.”

Or to put it another way

”Planning inspector Jason Whitfield will now deliberate the offers from both sides and probably end up with a new car”

IdleOilyArkshell-max-1mb.gif

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, embankment said:

Grundy Fold , back in our day , half of Deane would have been camping out and practically living in them .

Any abandoned house was fair game. There was a dormer bungalow on Chorley New Road that was  the setting for some great partys. Looks a decent place now 

Sorry, just seen this, don't know how to put the article on here (or even if it might infringe some rules), but it's a seven bedroom house that's grown from planning permission for two houses into a massive pile. It was down to be demolished but after appeal it's now ok.

Residents have been incandescent with rage since 2019, especially Tig Fold Rd residents who say it's a monstrosity.

8 hours ago, Spider said:

Inquiry has finished.

in the BEN it says:

Or to put it another way

I know there's a process that these things have to go through. But by 'eck this is dragging on. I'm assuming the argument has been the same since day one. Is it 4 years now? There will probably be an appeal no matter which way this goes dragging it on further.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I know there's a process that these things have to go through. But by 'eck this is dragging on. I'm assuming the argument has been the same since day one. Is it 4 years now? There will probably be an appeal no matter which way this goes dragging it on further.

This was an appeal inquiry. I don't think they're allowed to appeal again. 

Edited by Cheese

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This was an appeal inquiry. I don't think they're allowed to appeal again. 

You can but it’s in the High Court 

If the Council lose I can’t see them spending all that money on something relatively trivial as this 

If the builder loses they’ll  have to have deep pockets or someone with a vested interest backing them 

3 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Sorry, just seen this, don't know how to put the article on here (or even if it might infringe some rules), but it's a seven bedroom house that's grown from planning permission for two houses into a massive pile. It was down to be demolished but after appeal it's now ok.

Residents have been incandescent with rage since 2019, especially Tig Fold Rd residents who say it's a monstrosity.

Which is ironic when you consider how much of a massive shithole Tig Fold is.

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Traf said:

Which is ironic when you consider how much of a massive shithole Tig Fold is.

Is Tig Fold that massive council estate between Plodder Lane and the M61?

Remember driving through there as an 18 year old to pick up my girlfriends mate who lives with her nan in some terraced house nearby. Coming from comparably leafy Blackrod I couldn't believe my eyes.

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Dimron said:

Not local but I am intrigued by the case.

In my single experience of a planning appeal the inspector delivered pretty quickly, he probably already knows his decision but has to put it into the correct words.

And the brown envelope in the correct recycling bin.

7 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Is Tig Fold that massive council estate between Plodder Lane and the M61?

Remember driving through there as an 18 year old to pick up my girlfriends mate who lives with her nan in some terraced house nearby. Coming from comparably leafy Blackrod I couldn't believe my eyes.

No, that's Highfield.

Tig Fold is just one road.