Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Greater Manchester” Clean Air Tax

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

How public was the consultation? Never heard anything about it.

I’d imagine we comprise a fair cross-section of Greater Manchester albeit heavily concentrated in the Bolton area and its boroughs. Anyone else hear anything?

• Members

I don’t know what the emissions are like on 4x4’s but there fuckin loads on the road. Every other car is a Range Rover.

Get all the Nissan jukes and qashqais off the road and offending my eyes and me and my 30 year old Beamer can be happy 😁

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I don’t know what the emissions are like on 4x4’s but there fuckin loads on the road. Every other car is a Range Rover.

Get all the Nissan jukes and qashqais off the road and offending my eyes and me and my 30 year old Beamer can be happy 😁

Amazes me how a company that produced the Skyline and ZX now turn out motorised shit buckets

• Site Supporter

Every road in greater Manchester?

Hmm.

No problems with giving folk a bit of a nudge, but a couple of points:

Surely those unnecessary private vehicle journeys are the ones to be looked at first. Encourage people to walk to the shop, school etc.

Alternative vehicles are not only very expensive, they're not available at the moment. 

In short, lots of price increases for folk having regular work done.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

The juke is just a 4x4 micra

SHITE

Mates Mrs had one of them, a couple years ago I borrowed it for a few days. I've never drove anything like it, auto gear box revved its nuts off before changing up and the steering didnt feel connected to the fuckin wheels, it was bizarre.

Like dimron says, how Nissan can turn out shit like that is mental. 

52 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes, as are more modern diesels (ad blue system).

Was told by a mechanic the other week that ad blue is basically synthetic pigs piss. Who worked out pouring pig piss into an engine makes it run "cleaner"??

• Members
14 minutes ago, boogs said:

Mates Mrs had one of them, a couple years ago I borrowed it for a few days. I've never drove anything like it, auto gear box revved its nuts off before changing up and the steering didnt feel connected to the fuckin wheels, it was bizarre.

Like dimron says, how Nissan can turn out shit like that is mental. 

Well the model for selling is good, advertise it as a SUV for soccer moms and people like @bolton_blondie and use the profit to engineer skylines to compete with Beamers and Mercs 

11 minutes ago, boogs said:

Was told by a mechanic the other week that ad blue is basically synthetic pigs piss. Who worked out pouring pig piss into an engine makes it run "cleaner"??

Ray guns innit 

Edited by Rudy

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Well the model for selling it is, advertise it as a SUV for soccer moms and people like @bolton_blondie and use the profit to engineer skylines to compete with Beamers and Mercs 

Ray guns innit 

Irrefutable explanations on both counts my friend. 

Good enough for me anyway 😁

• Members
12 minutes ago, boogs said:

Irrefutable explanations on both counts my friend. 

Good enough for me anyway 😁

I reckon that’s the basics of most car companys

sell a load of shite to mams and coffin dodgers and invest it into better high end cars 

Remember when Merc had that horrible A class, they were everywhere. Same as the smart car who I think are owned by Merc as well 

We had a brand new Nissan 200SX back in the 90s... blinding car if you could keep it on the road! 0-60 in 7 secs, 145mph top end and all through the rear wheels, wifey had to use it for work so I chopped it in. Too many roundabouts in the rain.

Now they build wheeled skips with full Facebook connectivity.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, boogs said:

Fortunately, it doesn't go in the engine. An aqueous solution of urea (any piss should do), into the exhaust system, to react with NOx emissions. 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fortunately, it doesn't go in the engine. An aqueous solution of urea (any piss should do), into the exhaust system, to react with NOx emissions. 

I was being a bit facetious saying pour it into the engine. 

Mine is currently saying it needs an ad blue top up. Are we saying I can just get all the lads in the workshop to que up and fill it??

• Site Supporter
Just now, boogs said:

Mine is currently saying it needs an ad blue top up. Are we saying I can just get all the lads in the workshop to que up and fill it??

Just been reading up on it. It needs ultra pure urea (Din 70070) for the solution. 

I reckon you'd be ok with piss so long as the lads all detoxed for a day or 2 first, and only drank water. No ale.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just been reading up on it. It needs ultra pure urea (Din 70070) for the solution. 

I reckon you'd be ok with piss so long as the lads all detoxed for a day or 2 first, and only drank water. No ale.

Well we're screwed then.

I wasnt gonna let Vin, the welder, near it anyway. He'll probably melt the tank with what he puts into his system. 😁

55 minutes ago, boogs said:

It’s easy enough to do your own top up.  Cheaper as well.

Just be careful and don’t spill it. 

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

We had a brand new Nissan 200SX back in the 90s... blinding car if you could keep it on the road! 0-60 in 7 secs, 145mph top end and all through the rear wheels, wifey had to use it for work so I chopped it in. Too many roundabouts in the rain.

Now they build wheeled skips with full Facebook connectivity.

I had a 200SX.  Possibly my favourite ever car.  Going around roundabouts in the rain was definitely not for the faint hearted.

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

We’ve got a juke😀

is your beamer like cain dingles 520👌

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, tomski said:

Lovely

Personal vehicles don't count neither.

Just commercial ones. 

You're doubly safe. :)

its getting a bit stupid in some instances now, my van has fairly low emissions (co2) yet as a commercial vehicle, the road tax is massively higher than a car with the same engine. Or even a more polluting one.

I'm all for encouraging businesses to go greener, but the balance between carrot and stick is too far too one side.

• Site Supporter

When they brought these charges in in London they had 8 or 9yrs warning, with Bellend Burnham its nearer 9 months. On another note he promised to get the streets free of homeless people within 2yrs, 4yrs down the line there's more than ever. 

Mayor of Greater Manchester.... Just another waste of taxpayers money.