Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

• The topic was pinned
  • Site Supporter

You can't watch this through iFollow as it's on Sky - commentary is on but not the pictures.

I won't pay for a Sky Sports subscription so can I just pay for a one-off game @ £10?

I've been on the site briefly & there's a free 7 days trial so would that allow access to the game before cancelling it?

I'll have a proper look tomorrow to narrow the options.

And yes, I know all you IPTV criminals can't wait to respond but I've not got that (yet).

18 minutes ago, Steejay said:

You can't watch this through iFollow as it's on Sky - commentary is on but not the pictures.

I won't pay for a Sky Sports subscription so can I just pay for a one-off game @ £10?

I've been on the site briefly & there's a free 7 days trial so would that allow access to the game before cancelling it?

And yes, I know all you IPTV criminals can't wait to respond but I've not got that (yet).

You don’t have to use Sky Steejay you can use Now TV but I’m not sure of the cost now which I think used to be £10. Others will know better.

Judging by the posts on the FGR site, they’re struggling to score as badly as we are. Their recent results indicate the wheels are coming off a bit so we need to help them come off completely on Saturday and accept nothing less than a win. A good performance in front of the Sky cameras will not only lift our profile but terrify our competitors. Wins now are essential, no settling for draws.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Judging by the posts on the FGR site, they’re struggling to score as badly as we 

Last 12 games we have scored 19, which is best in the division. They have scored 18, second best in the division. 
We have conceded 6 second best in division (Stevenage 5 !!) they have shipped 15. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

Last 12 games we have scored 19, which is best in the division. They have scored 18, second best in the division. 
We have conceded 6 second best in division (Stevenage 5 !!) they have shipped 15. 

They’ve failed to score in 3 of the last 6 (although did score 2 in each of the other 3).

We’ve got 11 more points than them in the last 10 games (28 vs. 17).

They’ve won 3 in their last 8 home games (Harrogate, Colchester, Oldham).

To be fair they all mean very little, we’re full of confidence and seem to play our best stuff against better teams and that’s why we’ll win.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They’ve failed to score in 3 of the last 6 (although did score 2 in each of the other 3).

We’ve got 11 more points than them in the last 10 games (28 vs. 17).

They’ve won 3 in their last 8 home games (Harrogate, Colchester, Oldham).

To be fair they all mean very little, we’re full of confidence and seem to play our best stuff against better teams and that’s why we’ll win.

My main point was that we scoring more than a goal game more than we are conceding (hence the winning run). But this is more about a rock solid defence, FGR are conceding more than a goal game so their issues are at the back. 
I just think as you mention we are full of confidence, plus strength in depth so should not scared of anyone. 

Those fresher legs could be the difference Barryc. Their fans last night were complaining how sluggish and tired they looked, so it’s hard to see them sharpen up before weekend. The bits are all coming together now and if for once we could just take a few of the chances we make, it could be a very enjoyable weekend?

9 minutes ago, Ani said:

My main point was that we scoring more than a goal game more than we are conceding (hence the winning run). But this is more about a rock solid defence, FGR are conceding more than a goal game so their issues are at the back. 
I just think as you mention we are full of confidence, plus strength in depth so should not scared of anyone. 

👍🏼 - wasn’t trying to disprove anything, just adding some more facts into the mix which backs up a case for another win at the weekend.

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

We'll be getting a "day pass" from Now TV for a tenner

55 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Go there with the same intent we had v’s Bradford and we will wallop them

and everyone else come to think of it. Not always possible but with a free week, fresher in the legs and the importance of the game I’m expecting a really good performance 

I've been mulling it over, we seem to play with more energy if we play twice a week. Last Saturday after a week we seemed to have gone back to our previous lethargic style. I know IE plays a high energy possession game, do we need two outings a week to keep the energy level up?