Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

• Members
3 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Who ever would er thowt playing a team called Forest Green Rovers would have been a massive game for our club ?

I agree but it’s great, fair play to them, must be great to be in the conversation about being promoted again, sentiment aside let’s fuckin av em

COYWM

30 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I can’t help but think we’ll have too much know how, bottle and quality for FGR. Tough game, certainly but I think we’ll win and by a couple too

I agree Dave, I actually believe we’ll win this comfortably so I’d say at least 2-0 to the Whites and notice to the others, the L2 title is ours.

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

Traditionally speaking I start drinking on a Saturday at 3pm with the football. 12:30 KO has me probably having to keep up the tradition, it could get silly and I might be too wankered to watch the boxing 

Ahh well

I've had the same thoughts but now have a cunning plan...

Difference in time 2.5 hrs less putting clocks forward equals 1.5 hrs, splitting the difference makes 45 minutes therefore I can legally crack one open at half time but if I do manual work in the morning I need to rehydrate using weak beer (Boddies these days) at kick off.

No probs (click)

22 hours ago, Zico said:

The reason I lived there was that I did my uni year's work placement at TWI 

Back in 97/98 

It wasnt the science park back then it is now 

Played Sunday league for them in Cambridgeshire South Division 5, something like that

Sawston was a proper come down in terms of student life after two years in Sheffield 

The pubs were very local and wary of outsiders, chippys didn't do gravy or curry, and I found it odd most kebab shops round there were mobile vans that popped up outside pubs of a weekend 

Apparently it's claim was it was the biggest village/town in Cambridgeshire but was barely bigger than Blackrod 

Knew a few lads who did Cambridge away all over, went to the big one with them, away at Peterborough, they lost 1-0, Barry Fry did his obligatory run up the touchline 

As you were

I worked for Sindalls from Cambridge during my year out in 78. Met a Cambridge lass who ended up loving the weekend Bradshawgate pub crawl and Burnden Park, I had to marry her.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I can’t help but think we’ll have too much know how, bottle and quality for FGR. Tough game, certainly but I think we’ll win and by a couple too

I think we win, but if we dont, we go again

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What I DO know is that Forest Green then sold him to Hibs for £350k. Showing we were a soft touch for the £1m we agreed previously.

1 in 17 may have affected his value 

33 minutes ago, Zico said:

Even though we can watch every game live now one way or another, I still get excited when we're on SKY 

Me too, proper camera angles and all that. 

Debating whether to go all in with the full pre-match build up, discussion on the line ups; formations; tactics; interviews.  Sky are going all in, programme starts fully 5 minutes before KO, they might use adverts to fill in the gaps. 

Think I'll keep it low key and turn on at 11.59.