Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

5 teams have scored more than Forest Green this season.

We have two of them to play again (Morecambe & Exeter).

If only it was that simple. 

6 minutes ago, desperado said:

I may regret this post as I’m looking at the clock at 6pm and feeling like it’s a lot later having started drinking at 11.30 and normally (because I’d hopefully be travelling home from FG) I wouldn’t be trying to compose some text, but who on earth are you referring to as sides that can find the net and beat us? When we have beaten Cheltenham, beaten Cambridge and beaten FG?

Newport, Salford, Exeter, Morecambe... all teams capable of scoring goals 

16 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Because we have games coming up against sides that can find the net. We can’t keep relying on 1-0 leads as it will bite you in the arse

Well obviously we won't rely winning 1-0 if we go one nil down. 

Are you saying you wish we'd have gone gung ho on 70 minutes today to try and score again? 

And he did bring three attackers on!

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Well obviously we won't rely winning 1-0 if we go one nil down. 

Are you saying you wish we'd have gone gung ho on 70 minutes today to try and score again? 

And he did bring three attackers on!

I’m saying i’d like to see our attacking players up their game.

• Site Supporter

Not sure why some seemed to think it would he anything but a tight, workmanlike performance. 

The inclusion of George T showed what IE was thinking, and its worked. Not likely to dominate the ball as much, but be more solid defensively. 

A couple of times there may have been mistakes, but they are obviously one of the better sides in the league, and are on their own patch.

The fact that IE trusts the young lad in such a big game is a real positive for me, and hopefully the lad sees that too.

Perhaps horses for courses today, but without our captain, who was playing as well as he has all season, we are coping well.

Well done to IE, and also to the players. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

It is that simple. Every team in the league is "capable of scoring goals". FGR are "capable of scoring goals", but they didn't. They didn't get to 3rd in the League by drawing every game 0-0. Whatever point you're trying to make, you've obviously not thought about it much.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Potentially 

Since the transfer window, we have scored a reasonable number of goals and conceded very few.

We've played some top teams and beaten them. We'd all like more comfortable victories, but we are solid at the back and consistent.

Plenty of teams would love to have what we have now.

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

What are you using to distinguish who are capable of scoring goals ? the amount of goals they have scored as an indicator, perhaps.

We dont look like scoring many (according to your post, hence 'settling' for 1-0 wins), but have scored more than half of the teams you have listed.

I'm really confused as to your point.

Every team is capable of scoring goals, but strangely, over the last few months, not on the days when they play us. Probably a co-incidence.

12 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I’m saying i’d like to see our attacking players up their game.

Correct. 

Our form is based on the back 5 and the 2 holding midfielders, doing a terrific job.

We have failed to finish teams off and it’s only cost us once @ Bradford so far.....

Our attacking play has not been representative of 10 wins from 11 in my opinion.

We will not continue to keep edging it out by one goal, football doesn’t work like that.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

I’m not going to be drawn into an arguement. I’ve just giving my views on how I’d like to see us step it up in the final third, thats all

I'm sure we'd all like to see us play like Barcelona for 90 minutes solid and muller everyone 5-0, but we're in League 2 mate.

• Site Supporter
Just now, RatchetMan said:

All of them, excluding Doyle and Lee. Afolayan and Delf especially, need to start chipping in with goals IMO 

Delf assisted the goal and while it wasn’t Afolayans best game he was more than influential in a convincing performance. Unless you are suggesting that we should brush away every team by 3/4 goals I’m really not sure what your problem is 

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Delf assisted the goal and while it wasn’t Afolayans best game he was more than influential in a convincing performance. Unless you are suggesting that we should brush away every team by 3/4 goals I’m really not sure what your problem is 

I’ve never said we should be brushing sides away. I do however, think that our attacking play could be better. 

And for the record the two players mentioned were poor today 

9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Correct. 

Our form is based on the back 5 and the 2 holding midfielders, doing a terrific job.

We have failed to finish teams off and it’s only cost us once @ Bradford so far.....

Our attacking play has not been representative of 10 wins from 11 in my opinion.

Although no team in league 2 has scored more than us in the last 10 games.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Although no team in league 2 has scored more than us in the last 10 games.

Aye.

Our final ball could be better at times (probably true of all teams in division 4), but we don't play such a direct game and load balls into the box.

Other teams may do, and sometimes it yields a few goals. On other occasions, it doesn't quite drop for strikers and they don't score. More of a feast or famine type approach. 

Our style is more consistent, and as such we are showing we can go for prolonged periods with narrow victories. 

It will end at some point, but that doesn't mean we're suddenly shite or likely to fail. 

We're still getting wins even when a key player isn't available or IE makes a tactical change her or there. Good enough for me.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Correct. 

We will not continue to keep edging it out by one goal, football doesn’t work like that.

one nil to the Arsenal ?!