Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

22 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

35pts from 39 & some people are still focusing on the negatives... Is it me? 🤔

No. Moaners will always moan. We're fckn ace us. Todays result coincided with a Naked wines delivery, so maybe looking through red tinted specs, but every club who have to play us are shittin' themselves.................

1 minute ago, Offshore said:

No. Moaners will always moan. We're fckn ace us. Todays result coincided with a Naked wines delivery, so maybe looking through red tinted specs, but every club who have to play us are shittin' themselves.................

No sign of Hugeminges, he only seems to show up after a defeat.

We’ve scored in each of the last 16 games and have only failed to score in 2 of the last 25 games.

We average 1.5 goals per game in the last 15 games and only 2 teams have scored more than us.

I do agree that the final ball is often sloppy and it’s frustrating not to turn good areas into actual chances - but we’re league 2, and if we did then we’d win 5-0 every week which isn’t realistic.

44 minutes ago, Ani said:

Really ? 

Gilks did not make a save, they had one real chance when John got back. Gilks was brilliant taking a few crosses . Not sure how that becomes 'easily lost' . We were slower today but that is the difference when you are a goal up against a team above you in the league. 

Today was simply a professional job that we executed well. Of course would love us to be 2 or 3 up but would rather we kept our shape and deny the opposition any real chances or build up of pressure. Is that 13 unbeaten with 35 points from 39 ? 

Gilks didn’t make a save because their forwards were crap, if they hadn’t been we could easily have lost that game. I agree it was a professional job well executed but with their recent weak record and losing their key striker after 2 minutes, I’d have like to see us trying a little harder for a second rather than just sit back. I know I sound to be moaning but one goal ahead can always be lost and when the chance for more is there I’d like us to take it.

I thought it was a professional performance today against the best side we’ve played since being on this run.  Two good footballing sides who cancelled each other out with a moment of brilliance being the difference.

FGR did their homework and singled out Dapo for treatment and whilst it affected him, it meant other players could step up.  MJ didn’t have his best game and we looked slightly sloppier than we have done in previous games.  Lucky for us their star player got injured, as they offered nothing up front.

It was the most nervous I’ve been in a game since Forest and Peterborough before that.  Massive win and now really believing.

21 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Gilks didn’t make a save because their forwards were crap, if they hadn’t been we could easily have lost that game. I agree it was a professional job well executed but with their recent weak record and losing their key striker after 2 minutes, I’d have like to see us trying a little harder for a second rather than just sit back. I know I sound to be moaning but one goal ahead can always be lost and when the chance for more is there I’d like us to take it.

Ok I am sure we all would love to be comfortable. But.....for the first time in years we have team working to a successful plan. 
If we push for another goal it equally increases the risk of them equalising. Arguably the one game we really pushed Morecambe ended with Maddison sent off and cost us points. Balance that with Bradford, but overall we are miles ahead playing the way we do. Imagine we now have a defence you think are unlikely to concede who thought that might happen after Port Vale and Orient 

Not been mentioned but their central midfield player should have booked for the pull back on Lee and the tackle on Dapo was a definite yellow 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I’ve never said we should be brushing sides away. I do however, think that our attacking play could be better. 

And for the record the two players mentioned were poor today 

So we shouldn’t be brushing sides away who are above us by 3/4 goals,  it’s not god enough beating them 0-1 with an utterly professional performance, so I’ll ask again what are you you actually expecting of a team that has won 11 drawn 2 of the last 13?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Ok I am sure we all would love to be comfortable. But.....for the first time in years we have team working to a successful plan. 
If we push for another goal it equally increases the risk of them equalising. Arguably the one game we really pushed Morecambe ended with Maddison sent off and cost us points. Balance that with Bradford, but overall we are miles ahead playing the way we do. Imagine we now have a defence you think are unlikely to concede who thought that might happen after Port Vale and Orient 

Not been mentioned but their central midfield player should have booked for the pull back on Lee and the tackle on Dapo was a definite yellow 

That the stamp on Dapo? Definitely a yellow and if in the prem with var, prob a red

3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

That the stamp on Dapo? Definitely a yellow and if in the prem with var, prob a red

The tackle with legs wrapped round is a yellow, thought the 'stamp' was potentially an accident . 
The pull on Lee was a yellow 99/100

4 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

Exfvkh-WWEAEFnkn.jpg

I despair

He has hurt his hand

I always live up to my Bolton upbringing.

I recall dropping my bike, sat up and saw bits of bone sticking out of my arm so I pushed them back in and my elbow moved up my arm. Friend went and got the missus who collected me (by that time I had the bike upright with my good arm) and I asked her to pack me an overnight bag and take me to the hospital because my arm needed wiring up.

Walked into A&E and the junior doctor asked me if I could walk to the bed without fainting... told him to eff off.

Surgeon came and saw me (Saturday night) in a black tie before he went to a dinner and told me he really needed to fix it straight away as it was quite serious so did me a 2 in the morning after his piss up (he was Ian Smith from Bolton)

Therefore I think this footballer is a soft bustard

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Add Dapo as well. Lads impressive. 

How many times did he get dropped today ? That donkey with the gloves on targeted him & should have been booked.It didn’t go his way today but we should have had a penalty when he persevered on the touch line & was fouled.

Happier with him on the pitch than a sub.

5 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

How many times did he get dropped today ? That donkey with the gloves on targeted him & should have been booked.It didn’t go his way today but we should have had a penalty when he persevered on the touch line & was fouled.

Happier with him on the pitch than a sub.

I'd have brought Maddison on to give him some back but as we all know retaliation gets you sent off

1 hour ago, RatchetMan said:

Anybody else worried about the level of performance in recent weeks. Let’s be honest, today we were poor in possession and going forward. I’d like to see us put games to bed 

I'm surprised more than worried.  I'd expect these players to have more shots on goal, eg Dapo, Fonz and Lee.  Just as I would have expected a goal from Santos or Baptiste by now.  But I settle for how it is now, squeezing the games, making it a midfield battle and free from goalmouth action, with us having just a bit more quality in the final third.  We are making most teams look poor, but against other teams they appear to have some quality.  So we are stopping them from playing, that will do to be going on with.  In league one we'll need a bit more but that's for another day.