Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I despair

He has hurt his hand

I always live up to my Bolton upbringing.

I recall dropping my bike, sat up and saw bits of bone sticking out of my arm so I pushed them back in and my elbow moved up my arm. Friend went and got the missus who collected me (by that time I had the bike upright with my good arm) and I asked her to pack me an overnight bag and take me to the hospital because my arm needed wiring up.

Walked into A&E and the junior doctor asked me if I could walk to the bed without fainting... told him to eff off.

Surgeon came and saw me (Saturday night) in a black tie before he went to a dinner and told me he really needed to fix it straight away as it was quite serious so did me a 2 in the morning after his piss up (he was Ian Smith from Bolton)

Therefore I think this footballer is a soft bustard

Aye alright Rambo.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm surprised more than worried.  I'd expect these players to have more shots on goal, eg Dapo, Fonz and Lee.  Just as I would have expected a goal from Santos or Baptiste by now.  But I settle for how it is now, squeezing the games, making it a midfield battle and free from goalmouth action, with us having just a bit more quality in the final third.  We are making most teams look poor, but against other teams they appear to have some quality.  So we are stopping them from playing, that will do to be going on with.  In league one we'll need a bit more but that's for another day.

We had most of the possession in the first half and got our goal. Tight game, FGR poor finishing surprised me. We need to get some scorelines now to improve our goal difference

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

And against comfortably the best team I've seen us play this season. 

Port Vale were that team for me, we didn't even play particularly badly on the day but they scored 6.  And Orient couldn't have been too shoddy in the 4-0 even if it was Crellin in goal.  FGR looked completely toothless up front compared to those 2 (accepting their top scorer got subbed, if that had been Doyle instead it might be a different game). 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Aye alright Rambo.

Nowt Rambo about it.

I was pissed off because I'd done something stupid and then had to have 12 weeks in plaster and 4 operations.

He hurt his hand. why the stretcher and gas bottles? Twat

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

We had most of the possession in the first half and got our goal. Tight game, FGR poor finishing surprised me. We need to get some scorelines now to improve our goal difference

Plenty of possession in the first half, but only the 2 shots to show for it.  Their keeper only had to get involved twice in the game and thankfully he couldn't get to Doyle's shot.  I think we're a long way from improving our goal difference, but we could win 100-0 and its still worth less than half of that equaliser Bradford got, so its irrelevant for me, 1-0 will do.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Plenty of possession in the first half, but only the 2 shots to show for it.  Their keeper only had to get involved twice in the game and thankfully he couldn't get to Doyle's shot.  I think we're a long way from improving our goal difference, but we could win 100-0 and its still worth less than half of that equaliser Bradford got, so its irrelevant for me, 1-0 will do.

Shittin myself about missing out on automatic by GD (Grimsby) and facing Tranmere at Wembley

Thought defensively that’s the best we have played .George gave the ball away twice first half but we defended well as they broke.

Second half they mixed it more & we struggled in possession but held firm without major dramas. From here on in this type of performance will be required .

Didn’t create much second half but kept our shape & got the result.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We always have plenty of possession, but our number of shots must be crap. It's not that often that we warm the keepers gloves. I still think we should be going more direct now we've proved that we are on our way up. These results are showing we are no stumps but now we need to be stepping up the pressure and stuffing someone, and that means more shooting on sight. Not shooting a la Crawford mind.

5 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

We always have plenty of possession, but our number of shots must be crap. It's not that often that we warm the keepers gloves. I still think we should be going more direct now we've proved that we are on our way up. These results are showing we are no stumps but now we need to be stepping up the pressure and stuffing someone, and that means more shooting on sight. Not shooting a la Crawford mind.

We can’t go direct because we don’t have a hold up CF, Evatt has already said that opposition would love it if we played direct as Doyle wouldn’t have a chance against 2 big CH stumps. We’re playing the perfect system for the players we have. 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

So we shouldn’t be brushing sides away who are above us by 3/4 goals,  it’s not god enough beating them 0-1 with an utterly professional performance, so I’ll ask again what are you you actually expecting of a team that has won 11 drawn 2 of the last 13?

More goals. 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Nowt Rambo about it.

I was pissed off because I'd done something stupid and then had to have 12 weeks in plaster and 4 operations.

So you pushed your own protruding broken bone back into your arm, and shrugged it off as a bad do? Course you did mate.

ef57d6e296ca46b6c8e2cf055cf4b56a.gif

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We can’t go direct because we don’t have a hold up CF, Evatt has already said that opposition would love it if we played direct as Doyle wouldn’t have a chance against 2 big CH stumps. We’re playing the perfect system for the players we have. 

I'm not saying go at it 100mph for 90+ minutes, I'm saying mix it up a bit. If the CH 2 are stumps the occasional shot would be a surprise, it is to me.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

We’ve scored in each of the last 16 games and have only failed to score in 2 of the last 25 games.

We average 1.5 goals per game in the last 15 games and only 2 teams have scored more than us.

I do agree that the final ball is often sloppy and it’s frustrating not to turn good areas into actual chances - but we’re league 2, and if we did then we’d win 5-0 every week which isn’t realistic.

That's an amazing stat given that we aren't prolific.  It would be great to keep that going for another 9 games.  Been going for a few decades and the only season we must have come close to that is the 100 goals/98 points season surely.

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So you pushed your own protruding broken bone back into your arm, and shrugged it off as a bad do? Course you did mate.

ef57d6e296ca46b6c8e2cf055cf4b56a.gif

I'm from Bolton

What else do you expect?

I'm not lying. I recall it was white with red bits on it.

I'll show you the scars at the next away day

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I get that Rudy but we could easily have lost today and we’re relying on clubs not taking their chances, when we have enough in the squad to be winning these games comfortably. The last couple of games we’ve reverted back to this slowly, slowly sideways stuff instead of the quick pass and move we showed against Bradford and Cambridge. In fact I think at times today we looked sloppy and cocky as if we thought it was just all too easy. That’s an attitude they need to drop quickly and do more to win games comfortably then we’re not hanging on.

Seriously, dear god

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Aye, ok pal. 👍

I think my point was if he had hurt his hand he should have simply walked off and got medical attention, too much "look at me" stuff these days.

Everyone I know warn people that I give no sympathy and expect non in return.

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I think my point was if he had hurt his hand he should have simply walked off and got medical attention, too much "look at me" stuff these days.

Haven’t you read the full thread?

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Nowt Rambo about it.

He was guided by a Doctor and Physio. The stretcher is standard after receiving oxygen.

Let it go and enjoy the win

Edited by masi 51

• Members
6 minutes ago, Dimron said:

He was in distress, a broken bone causes pain that can push the body into shock, he was in a bit of pain, the medical staff said get the oxygen and stretcher.