Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

Apart from city games I don’t think many games have a high amount of big chances. A shot on target can mean a trickler from 20 yards or a shit slow header. We seem to get into good positions that don’t necessarily lead to a shot on target. For me it doesn’t mean it’s not a dangerous situation. There’s not many games in this league where it seems the winning team has bosses the game. All seem to be by the odd goal

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

I missed it, did they give out an official sky MOTM? I know Hendrie was impressed with both Santos and Baptiste 

No idea either, I switched off.  Mark Iles has Baptiste MOM FWIW.

I think he's been an 8 out of 10 in every game of the unbeaten run, and occasionally Santos, John, Lee or MJ  has been an 8.5 or 9; yesterday I thought they were no more than 7's, not their best games for me, so Baptiste MOM.

3 hours ago, Ani said:

The post from Jimmy Riddle that you could not agree more with says we have been fortunate in games and winning masks other issues. 
What I am struggling with more than anything else is what you are saying is that we should push on more and go the killer goal, others are saying if we get the second great but the way the team are playing one goal is proving enough so why change things. 
The case for 'as is' is 35 points from 39. The case for changing is speculative. 
It is not as though we are going to 9 at the back, we rarely change formation all our forward players invariably get a run out. 
I am sure we both want the same thing, half time three up with their keeper sent off would good. 

Look Ani, I think we need to politely differ on the interpretation of what I agreed with in JR’s post. I think you’re misreading what he wrote anyway and what I did agree with. Being fortunate to come away with narrow one goal wins is absolutely true, it’s an observation not a criticism and even Ian Evatt has agreed we should have taken more of our chances to make life more comfortable. Making silly comments like us wanting to be 3-0 up at halftime with their keeper sent off is a bit childish. You’re right, we all want the same thing and that is to get Wanderers back up to L1 at the end of the season. So far the team and IE have played a blinder and if getting up means 1-0 wins for the rest of our games, great, bring it on but whether you like it or not, or you accept it or not, the fact is that a 1-0 lead is always fragile, however good your defence is and if without taking risks we can make that a two goal lead, we’d be much safer and this team is more than good enough to do that. I honestly don’t see what you can find to dispute that.

• The topic was unpinned
40 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Look Ani, I think we need to politely differ on the interpretation of what I agreed with in JR’s post. I think you’re misreading what he wrote anyway and what I did agree with. Being fortunate to come away with narrow one goal wins is absolutely true, it’s an observation not a criticism and even Ian Evatt has agreed we should have taken more of our chances to make life more comfortable. Making silly comments like us wanting to be 3-0 up at halftime with their keeper sent off is a bit childish. You’re right, we all want the same thing and that is to get Wanderers back up to L1 at the end of the season. So far the team and IE have played a blinder and if getting up means 1-0 wins for the rest of our games, great, bring it on but whether you like it or not, or you accept it or not, the fact is that a 1-0 lead is always fragile, however good your defence is and if without taking risks we can make that a two goal lead, we’d be much safer and this team is more than good enough to do that. I honestly don’t see what you can find to dispute that.

The 3-0 at half time with the keeper sent off was tongue in cheek. But it is what I want every game, just making the point that we want the same thing, stress free victory. 
But yet again you have talked about us being fortunate to win 1-0 and that is what I totally disagree with. Of course if we could win by more it would be great as per my example. There is a risk at 1-0 but I think we have gone on such a good run not because we are 'fortunate' but because we have a group of good players playing well. 

At last we totally agree Ani, we are where we are because of good play and not necessarily good fortune but only leading by one goal is a risk. Anyway, now that we’re both on the same page, whether it’s 1, 2, 3, or more, let’s just hope we keep winning and get out of the basement!! 😉

How are arguments breaking out?? 😂 Come on people, we're on our best run since '99 and in the best form of the whole EFL!!!

fwiw I don't think we need to be banging in 2/3/4 goals every game with our style. It'll come one day but at the minute we can keep possession, grab a goal and continue to control the game without feeling too on edge or desperate for another. Maybe it's not thrilling viewing to some but I'll take it any day if it gets us results and its a helluva lot more entertaining than Parkinson.

Stay humble, enjoy the winning run and stay positive.

Cheers to those with The Office references, made me laugh. Pretty sure the players have to follow the advice of the medical staff so it was probably their call to put him on the stretcher, give the lad a break. No pun intended.

6 hours ago, RatchetMan said:

I’m new to this forum and not here to make enemies. Well wishings to you all and let’s hope we go up 

We all have different opinions it’s what makes it interesting

but you will find on here some don’t like that you crack on

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Just seen a photo, & short video of Williams & Mat's coming together.

It literally was a nothing. Not even a clash. How he did that level of damage is, as Mrs. Robert Fripp would say, "a mythtewy".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14473601/forest-green-matt-horror-injury/

Have a look at the bwfc tweet wishing him all the best- not sure the emoji is the most appropriate. 😁