Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators

I'll be happy once those above us get their games in hand out the way, points on the board and all that but still don't like being below teams with games to play 

This next week is massive

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Cambridge and Tranny have horrific run ins and we have a game in hand on Cambridge

Horrific run in's? there's no one to be  scared of in this league, it's much of a muchness - no real stand out teams, yet sides at the bottom can give anyone a game,

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Horrific run in's? there's no one to be  scared of in this league, it's much of a muchness - no real stand out teams, yet sides at the bottom can give anyone a game,

Nothing horrific when you're the best team in the league by a mile. That's us that is

13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

25 miles away m8. 

But bet there are views of the pitch with a small ladder 🙃

Be careful.

We got lifted @ Carlisle and there was no national lockdown then.

Was warned it will be more than a caution next time.

Edited by captainmed

20 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Don't lose sight of the fact Cambridge and Tranny have horrific run ins and we have a game in hand on Cambridge

Not sure their run ins can be much different to ours?  Tranmere got 3 of the top 7 to play, everyone in top 7 has to play either 3 or 4 of the top 7.  We are the only team still to play 3 aways against automatic promotion contenders.  I think we don't treat this as an "away" game where a draw looks decent, we're playing catch up and the only teams that will be happy with a draw will be the other 6 teams near the top, including FGR.  An opportunity missed to have it in our own hands if we draw.

18 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Very true.  Never known a division like it where everyone's very similar, no way are the likes of Vale and Walsall worthy of being about 18 places below Cambridge and Morecambe.

In any other division we've played in there is a clear gap in quality between top and bottom, not here.  No team looks absolutely dire, even Southend look quite organised and neat, but nobody capable of dominating a match and winning games easily with plenty goals.

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

FGR only won 3 of there last 10 games, if we score 2 or more think we win. 

According to the form table they've won 6, lost 3 and drawn one of last 10.

We're 7 points clear of Cheltenham and 8 above Tranmere, FGR 4th.

If I was betting I'd say its 3 from those 4, no escaping this is a big game.

Edited by Johnnyrotten
didnt mean to send

• Site Supporter

This is one where I'd be happy with the the tippy tappy keep possession and hit them on the break stuff. So long as we have a plan B and are prepared to use it if it turns to shit. And a plan C where Plan C involves a keeper on the bench.

We can't rely on a late goal to pull us through. 

I still think it's our win 2 - 1

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sorry, meant home games. 

Aah right.  Checked and its 3 in last 7 in 2021 (not sure before that).  Drew 3 and lost that 1 v Southend 1-3, freak score that.  Wins v Oldham, Harrogate and Colchester.  Drew v Cheltenham, Vale and Morecambe.  Much of a muchness, we shouldn't be settling for a draw any more than against anyone.

Edited by Johnnyrotten

Bollocks to “I’d take a draw here.” We need to be winning these games, there’s nobody in this league that should be able to live with us if we perform. We can win every game left to play if we approach it properly, there’s not a really good team in the division apart from us so we should go into every game expecting to win. Don’t forget we’re still playing catch up and we can’t afford draws, especially against those above us.