Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

A 1-0 win has me cacking myself for the final 20 minutes. 

A 4-0 win has me calm & enjoying it.

I'll take 1-0, of course I will. But I'd like a comfortable one.

On the more constructive side of things, of GD is poor. A couple of bigger wins would help no end. It would also send a Hell of a signal to the others. 

Good points. Love a performance like Cambridge before the freak goal

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

A 1-0 win has me cacking myself for the final 20 minutes. 

A 4-0 win has me calm & enjoying it.

I'll take 1-0, of course I will. But I'd like a comfortable one.

On the more constructive side of things, of GD is poor. A couple of bigger wins would help no end. It would also send a Hell of a signal to the others. 

Yeh absolutely but apart from the last 10 mins v Cambridge we’ve controlled games pretty well so I’ve not really sat there panicking. 

winning games by a bigger margin would be the cherry on top of the cake but it’s certainly not worth the level of debate that’s been going on 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yeh absolutely but apart from the last 10 mins v Cambridge we’ve controlled games pretty well so I’ve not really sat there panicking. 

winning games by a bigger margin would be the cherry on top of the cake but it’s certainly not worth the level of debate that’s been going on 

You’re a calmer man than I am. I shit myself for the last 30 mins of a game even if we’re 2-0 up, regardless of how much we’re dominating!

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You’re a calmer man than I am. I shit myself for the last 30 mins of a game even if we’re 2-0 up, regardless of how much we’re dominating!

I honestly don’t know where this sudden trust comes from tbh 🤣 it wasn’t there before Xmas. 

But we are more solid we have better players with greater experience and we’re not giving many goals away. Allows me to have more faith 

Edited by barrycowdrill

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

I honestly don’t know where this sudden trust comes from tbh 🤣 it wasn’t there before Xmas. 

But we are more solid we have better players with greater experience and we’re not giving many goals away. Allows me to have more faith 

My head has faith and it’s getting better, based on what Evatt has got going.

My heart is still going fucking nuts every time someone gives the ball away, based on the last 10 years of us managing to fuck things up from all situations 😰

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

My heart is still going fucking nuts every time someone gives the ball away, based on the last 10 years of us managing to fuck things up from all situations 😰

Was just gonna say that’s based on 10 years of expecting us to get beat 

I was thinking the same. I’m so used to us conceding I probably expect it now so I don’t panic about it. Pleasant surprise when we don’t 

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Was just gonna say that’s based on 10 years of expecting us to get beat 

I was thinking the same. I’m so used to us conceding I probably expect it now so I don’t panic about it. Pleasant surprise when we don’t 

To be fair it’s nice to actually give enough of a shit about the result of a match that I feel that nervous in games - it’s been a while since results actually meant anything!

• Members
59 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Haha that’s me it’s a horrible anxious feeling but I love it