Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter
Just now, JimmyRiddle said:

I said in the FGR thread, we have averaged 3 shots on target a game, if you take the Cambridge game out of this current run.

We had 4 today, it's not enough, it's dull and this has been coming. It's meant to be entertainment!

But the usual suspects will be on telling us how wonderful it all is.

You're watching the wrong sport pal. Our best run in 2 decades, and you're still moaning.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

it's dull and this has been coming. It's meant to be entertainment!

You sometimes make a good case for the doubters. But you are miles off today with that comment. 

Dull is Parkinson hoofball, dull is Freedman we were brilliant without the ball, dull is nearly folding as a club, dull is nothing to play for, dull is season over in January.. do I need to carry on?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Awful that. If we'd been back in't ground today all you'd have heard in the last ten minutes would have been seats slapping back to their upright position as delusional wankers left for the bus.

EFA

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Was inevitable at some point 

Hopefully a one off 

Still gone into the top 3 mind

Agreed. Been on a stellar run, was bound to hit a snag at some point. Poor show today but still think our offside goal was legitimate.

Lots of wayward passes and sloppy touches, lost most of the 50/50s and second balls. Colchester played very well and closed us down well. Maddison still shite but slightly improved.

Next game, Isgrove back in for Arthur and maybe Thomason in again.

I'm not concerned but a shame we couldn't get all 3 points.

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter

We were ok at the back but only one offensive player ( Lee) offered anything. Delfouneso, Afolyan, Gnuoah & Doyle were shite. The first 3 produced very little of any note & that's the area of the pitch where we really need to improve. That said nothing ever seems to stick to Doyle & he doesn't compete physically with defenders. He gets goals but can't link play. 

I thought Delfouneso would play close to Doyle today but he kept dropping deeper & was as anonymous as ever. 

"...IT'S ALL WONDERFUL!"

1940.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

Nah, shite, but it's not the end of the world...

As others have probably said - fourteen unbeaten.

I had a bad feeling the run was to end today so...

And if anyone genuinely thinks Morecambe, Tranmere and FGR will all win get an in-play accumulator on...

Frustrating, but we were never going to win every game & Colchester did a good job on us.

Our 3 creative players, Dapo, Delfonzo & Arthur all struggled.......Arthur looks like a player who is best as a sub against tiring defenders.

A small plus was Elbo & though i'm not keen, i thought Maddison looked better.