Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

We were shit today but we can't be good every week and we didn't lose. All of our games are low scoring these days. And you can't predict results on whether we are playing teams at the top or bottom like is generally the case in the Prem and Championship. Same goes for the rest of em - which is good given Morecambe's run-in involves lots of lowly teams

Tranmere are bottling it, Forest Green are going backwards, Newport are in a one-step forward two steps back routine. I think Morecambe are the main threat. But after results in the last two weeks I think 79 points might end up being enough, certainly 80. Especially given the previous goal difference issue has dissipated somewhat after today.

5 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We were shit today but we can't be good every week and we didn't lose. All of our games are low scoring these days. And you can't predict results on whether we are playing teams at the top or bottom like is generally the case in the Prem and Championship. Same goes for the rest of em - which is good given Morecambe's run-in involves lots of lowly teams

Tranmere are bottling it, Forest Green are going backwards, Newport are in a one-step forward two steps back routine. I think Morecambe are the main threat. But after results in the last two weeks I think 79 points might end up being enough, certainly 80. Especially given the previous goal difference issue has dissipated somewhat after today.

79 will be good enough.

Hope we are......

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

We've put ourselves in a position where I expect us to go up now.

Psychologically that's a different type of test for the players. 

I still don't expect us to go up automatically. I will wank myself silly if we do.

Got out of jail today lads, can't rely on other teams f***in up week in week out, this is turning into the parky promotion season where its a can we can't we , oops & ahhh & last game sweat on.

Can't handle it, I'll sip my beer.

Stand easy.

• Site Supporter

I said weeks ago 75 or 76 could be enough. I still think it could be.

We went up with 78 points in 88, I reckon that would be enough.

We are so much better than everyone else, they come from a 0-0 at our gaff and claim a result.

I bet we are the only team to win at Salford this season

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

turning into the parky promotion season

Nah, not having that. We are a completely different side with a completely different philosophy.

Other than our position and target, I fail to see how there is any comparison. 

8 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Got out of jail today lads, can't rely on other teams f***in up week in week out, this is turning into the parky promotion season where its a can we can't we , oops & ahhh & last game sweat on.

you negative, whinging bastard

5 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Stand easy.

But it is a bit harsh to say that when we have won 10 out of 13. Today was disappointing as we lacked any spark. 

I thought any number of players were off the pace. Evatt says the disallowed goal was on side although I thought Delf was off. 

Puts a bit of pressure on Monday, let's hope the players respond. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Stand easy.

Hide the sharp objects luv

2 hours ago, desperado said:

Apology accepted.

Please read what I have posted. I’m not glossing over a frustrating game when we should have got 3 points. Every poster on here is pissed off we didn’t get 3 points. And I think we’ve all watched (and some of us played enough football) to know that game should have delivered 3 points, but it didn’t. 

If I come across as patronising, I apologise, I don’t intend to, I’m just making a case for us being on a great run, which has been continued and which, I believe, will get us back into Division 1. 

But I’ve never questioned the brilliant run we’ve had desperado, my only observations have been that we have in some games had the rub of the green to get results and that our good play at the back and in midfield is being wasted by less good play up front. I don’t see why making this point is so ridiculed by some on here who seem to think that any comment that isn’t glowing is being negative or critical. I’m absolutely positive but it’s goals that win games and this team is capable of getting them but so far hasn’t. Surely saying that isn’t being negative?

• Members
3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

But I’ve never questioned the brilliant run we’ve had desperado, my only observations have been that we have in some games had the rub of the green to get results and that our good play at the back and in midfield is being wasted by less good play up front. I don’t see why making this point is so ridiculed by some on here who seem to think that any comment that isn’t glowing is being negative or critical. I’m absolutely positive but it’s goals that win games and this team is capable of getting them but so far hasn’t. Surely saying that isn’t being negative?

Clean sheets win leagues not goals

Take care of the back the rest will sort itself out

We're not set up to score loads of goals

We're set up to keep possession, maintain a good shape at the back, work teams around the park and look for openings when they start to tire.

If we start to play more expansive football, then we'll lose a lot of the shape and positioning that's been the main reason we're on such a good run. Games will end up being 3-3 or 3-4 instead of 0-0. 

It's not that hard really. I can't understand why people still don't get it?

We're on our best run for 20 odd years. I'm not sure how much better folk think watching Bolton is going to get?

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

This isn’t a personal attack of you as a person. I’m just merely debating your comments

Colchester look the fitter

an abysmal performance

The guys a liability and should never be a starter 

Absolutely awful stuff

When you claim you are absolutely positive, I’m not so sure you are

Edited by desperado