Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

47 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

we drew at home to Colchester mate, hardly a result. We are lucky to stay third today. FACT 

also, no need for the sexist comment 

We didn’t stay third - we moved up to third thanks to todays point

3 hours ago, captainmed said:

I have just been reliably informed that if we win 5 of the last 8 then we go up automatically.

You pick them.

Not true. With five Bolton ins, Cambridge and Cheltenham would obviously finish above BWFC with 5 wins of their own. They do not play each other. Cheltenham do not play Tranmere. Tranmere play Cambridge on Monday. If Tranmere win, Cambridge’s maximum is 88 (and Tranmere 87). If Cambridge win, Tranmere’s maximum is 84 (and Cambridge 91). It follows that Bolton would need  88 points to be certain of promotion, that is eight wins out of eight. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Moonguest said:

Not true. With five Bolton ins, Cambridge and Cheltenham would obviously finish above BWFC with 5 wins of their own. They do not play each other. Cheltenham do not play Tranmere. Tranmere play Cambridge on Monday. If Tranmere win, Cambridge’s maximum is 88 (and Tranmere 87). If Cambridge win, Tranmere’s maximum is 84 (and Cambridge 91). It follows that Bolton would need  88 points to be certain of promotion, that is eight wins out of eight. 

But we all know in reality that 88 will get you promoted, probably (likely) win you the league. All this hypothesising of results and where it’s going to place you is purely fantasy football. We are good enough and in good enough form to get promoted. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

what frustrates me is ,we probably have the best squad since january, we are to slow in getting the ball forward, we should be scoring a lot more goals than we are, we aren't creating enough chances.

morecambe and bradford showed 1-0 is never enough, we have rode our luck in many of our 1-0 wins and could have surrendered a few points with the opposition not missing chances.

as stated before passing across the back may give possession stats but creates nothing but a fuck up in the making

HOOF, GET IT IN THE BOX

• Moderators
1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

we rode our luck , fgr had 2 great chances in the first half , could have been a different outcome if they had gone in.

we probably had 2 ourselves but they didn't go in  either.

we have the potential to be the 96-97 team , but aren't doing it for whatever reason.

10 million quid?

Not the best performance, nor the best result - but we did move into third and the nearest three challengers all lost.

Whereas Colchester may have been happy with a point at 3 o'clock, but they were in the mire two hours later. They have picked up 4 points in the last 8 games, against Grimsby's 9, Southend's 6 from 6 (and home to Carlisle tomorrow), and Barrow's 15 from 7. So for Colchester today a draw was a far worse result than for Bolton.

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

you talk in riddles, does anyone ever have any idea what you’re talking about?

Everyone except you, I’d, boringly, guess

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

you talk in riddles, does anyone ever have any idea what you’re talking about?

You were a dick last time you were here

I was hoping you had grown up

We like to give eveybody time to hang themselves

Your rope is getting readied

I used to come on here and enjoy the reasoned analysis and debate about the game just finished. Late on parade today but having waded through umpteen pages of what's turned into playground level bickering I'll sack it for tonight.

All I'll say is off day but not the end of the world. Onto Monday.