Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

At 12.59 today, we were fourth.
Every team played and at 5pm we were third.

It's irrelevant what time we kicked off etc, we gained a point more than 5 others in the top 8 and fell 2pts further behind the top 2.

It doesn't matter how you get the points and where you get them from, but as long as after 46 games, we've got more than at least 21 others, we'll be fine.

Up the fucking Whites.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Traf said:

It's irrelevant what time we kicked off etc, we gained a point more than 5 others in the top 8 and fell 2pts further behind the top 2.

It doesn't matter how you get the points and where you get them from, but as long as after 46 games, we've got more than at least 21 others, we'll be fine.

Up the fucking Whites.

UTFW

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

No I don’t know it.

we have been scoring and winning and keeping clean sheets

Become hard to beat and you have a higher chance of winning. Over a season the teams that concede the least are at the top end of the table

If you have to score 2,3,4 to win games sooner or later you will lose, which we haven’t done in 14 games

I agree with all that Rudy but you didn’t say that did you? You stated keeping clean sheets got you promoted but unless you score it doesn’t. You have to have both and today we didn’t and I’m beginning to worry that the players are concentrating more on not losing games and keeping the run going than actually winning.

51 minutes ago, Traf said:

Up the fucking Whites.

Too fucking right. It is now 100% in our hands. You’d have been carted off if you’d said that two months ago. 

Ive not  read most of this thread as its not good for my blinding rage .

And whilst that second half was amongst the worst Ive seen in a long time , we could have been 3,4 or even 5 up in the first 30 mins .

I think that , like me as fans , we dont like to see us get bullied off and on  the ball . We can out play anyone in this division but most of us hark back to the to the days when we out fought teams first then out played them .

I mean would any team wanna mix it up with the likes of Fairclough , Taggart , Pollock , Sheridan, Thomson, Blake and McGinlay windmilling? When youve seen your centre half sprint 50 yards just to chin their forward , Now that was a team you didnt fuck with .

Then a back line with Faye Thome Laville Meite ...throw in Newsome Warhurst Marshall ...even back to Sutton and Came .....The bolton fans have always wanted the famous 50s back line of you shall not pass. We have a start with Santos  and id love to see Greenidge  step up and do the same . 

We need a bit more urgency and a bit more fight .................Where was I going with this ? , Im hammered .

• Members
7 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I agree with all that Rudy but you didn’t say that did you? You stated keeping clean sheets got you promoted but unless you score it doesn’t. You have to have both and today we didn’t and I’m beginning to worry that the players are concentrating more on not losing games and keeping the run going than actually winning.

No I said clean sheets win leagues goals win games, one of the oldest and truest cliches in football.

Based on what? We created all the chances and was rarely threatened. They defended well. 0-0’s happen 

8 hours ago, Traf said:

Up the fucking Whites.

Correct mate. 

9 hours ago, Moonguest said:

Not true. With five Bolton ins, Cambridge and Cheltenham would obviously finish above BWFC with 5 wins of their own. They do not play each other. Cheltenham do not play Tranmere. Tranmere play Cambridge on Monday. If Tranmere win, Cambridge’s maximum is 88 (and Tranmere 87). If Cambridge win, Tranmere’s maximum is 84 (and Cambridge 91). It follows that Bolton would need  88 points to be certain of promotion, that is eight wins out of eight. 

Don’t be ridiculous.

That points total of 79 will be correct.

MMW.

It is based on stats and probability not some moonman guesswork.

Not going to make same mistake of arguing with idiots sorry to the rest for that boring spat. 

Anyway think yesterday will not matter in great scheme of things. Reminded me of that Chesterfield game when we went up. Struggling team there for taking but a 0-0 that in end didnt knock us off our stride and didnt help the visitors much either as it turned out.

Just hope we can win at Newport now who must surely want to play more than Colchester did. 

As i see it we are in a battle with Tranmere, FGR & Morecambe. Finish above them job done. 

That’s the added bonus with this league that 3 get automatic still many twists to come yet in this unpredictable league

even a draw at Newport wouldn’t be bad