Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

Brian Clough’s philosophy was to build a team from the back, then create a strong centre spine and surround that with flair..

I think IE is on his way nicely with that in such a short space of time. Goalkeeper (for now) and defence are sound. Defensive midfield is solid and the striker is proven (at this level) that given the right service he will finish consistently.

Considering it is a work in progress and IE only managed to put this team together in January, it is remarkable that we are now 3rd. 👏

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

No I said clean sheets win leagues goals win games, one of the oldest and truest cliches in football.

Based on what? We created all the chances and was rarely threatened. They defended well. 0-0’s happen 

Not worth arguing about Rudy, we both want the same thing but again you didn’t say that in your post. If you had I would have agreed then. 😊

• Members
13 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Not worth arguing about Rudy, we both want the same thing but again you didn’t say that in your post. If you had I would have agreed then. 😊

Haha fair enough pal

Looking at the table this morning it’s a better picture than when I was looking at it yesterday morning. That is an undeniable FACT. 

In the overall scheme of things yesterday was a point gained. During the game and in the immediate aftermath it didn’t feel that way. 

there’s still frustration lingering that those extra 2 points would’ve given us some clear daylight and after the other results yesterday it’s definitely an opportunity missed

however it was still an example of how all the results have been going for us over the past few weeks. When we were 5th or 6th teams around us still had games in hand. Now we’re 3rd and no one does! 

many more twists and turns in the next few weeks. We will rise and fall in the league. It’ll do absolutely nothing positive for our health but I’d much rather have this than cut adrift at the bottom of the league waiting for the inevitable ‘R’ at the side of our name. 

it’s in our hands and I’m confident we have more than enough on the teams around us to make sure we get over the line. We’re in form non of the others are

• Site Supporter

So glad I went out getting pissed last night instead of sitting in, half watching telly and half listening to folk arguing about how shit we are only going up to the third automatic promotion spot. 

Get a grip you bumders.

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

So glad I went out getting pissed last night instead of sitting in, half watching telly and half listening to folk arguing about how shit we are only going up to the third automatic promotion spot. 

Get a grip you bumders.

Where did you go to get pissed? Under a bridge ?

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter

Didn't see the game, not bothered reading the pages as it was obvious what the responses would be.

Of course we'd all like to score more, and more importantly, IE will have to continually look to ensure the team evolves, but sometimes it's not your day.

But we still kept another clean sheet, moved up a place and things are looking good.

Could be a vital point and we move on.

Grinding out wins and points is great, particularly away from home.  I'm sure we're allowed to feel a little disappointed that when we had a struggling team at home, we couldnt tear them a new one.

At the end of the day, we're another game nearer the end of the season and we're in the promotion spots.  

If you look where the linesman is stood he seems to have given Jones off, but if you pause he is on. 

Doyle is tight on first ball in but if you pause on 54 seconds everyone looks on.

We need VAR 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

If you look where the linesman is stood he seems to have given Jones off, but if you pause he is on. 

Doyle is tight on first ball in but if you pause on 54 seconds everyone looks on.

We need VAR 

he is so tight to the flag he is looking back on the "offence" 
i just dont see how he can judge it 
so keep your little flag down and dont fuck my weekend up