Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Grinding out wins and points is great, particularly away from home.  I'm sure we're allowed to feel a little disappointed that when we had a struggling team at home, we couldnt tear them a new one.

At the end of the day, we're another game nearer the end of the season and we're in the promotion spots.  

And that's about the way of it. We're all Bolton fans.

I thought Jones was the one offside but that was only related to the timing of the flag more than anything else. Wasn’t much of a protest from the players though, and offside decisions are the one thing where the referee does very occasionally overrule their assistant. 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I thought Jones was the one offside but that was only related to the timing of the flag more than anything else. Wasn’t much of a protest from the players though, and offside decisions are the one thing where the referee does very occasionally overrule their assistant. 

The angle isn't great on iFollow, but the linesman is to be fair pretty much in line with Doyle, Delfouneso and the last defender.

I paused the tape at the moment the ball leaves Arthur's foot and the three players above are virtually in a line, but by the time the ball travels to that line, both of ours have moved slightly towards goal and the defender has moved slightly out, so they both look offside, when they probably aren't.

That's my take from a poor camera angle. Tight call that could have gone either way. Whether Jones then becomes offside is a moot point, as Delfouneso should have buried it anyway.

23 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Rumours abound it is Colchester

I did think it would be a hell of an effort for a club that size to rack up such a debt, but last year's accounts seem to suggest a £26m debt (if I'm reading them correctly) so it would seem to follow that. Never mind a points deduction, just scrub their results and I'd have thought we'd benefit more than most given how few points we've taken from them this season!

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Read about that earlier, would be great if they went pop and all the points were taken off the clubs, we would definitely benefit 😁

It gives Grimsby & Southend renewed hope.

I thought the same if they went pop, which given what we went through is pretty wrong. Probably too late in season.

While looking at the story clicked a link below, worth watching (on fast forward) for the pitch invader after the first goal 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/fa-sunday-cup-game-abandoned-on-the-84th-minute/

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched that video. Kinell, those Sunderland lads were off their heads. Even their keeper throwing a wild leg.

The lad with the chips was my favourite bit.