Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester (H)

farnworth white

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

EFA

Delusional Cheese? Disappointed is what I would/should have said. That was poor by any standards. The way we've been playing we should have tonked them.

We were ok for the first half hour in bits, but never broke them down and or worried their defence and it was all them in the last 20 minutes. I'm disgruntled Cheese, and though I would have still been there at the end I still would not have been happy.

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

Tranmere two down. Forest green also losing so our draw today may not be too damaging 

Let’s hope not RM but that’s a poor reward for an abysmal performance against a poor team lacking in confidence. Had we gone at them from the start instead of our usual, slowly, slowly sideways and back, we could have scored and changed the whole game. The longer it went the more like them scoring it got. We can’t keep expecting results to go our way and get us out of jail.

3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Let’s hope not RM but that’s a poor reward for an abysmal performance against a poor team lacking in confidence. Had we gone at them from the start instead of our usual, slowly, slowly sideways and back, we could have scored and changed the whole game. The longer it went the more like them scoring it got. We can’t keep expecting results to go our way and get us out of jail.

Abysmal is a huge over reaction. We didn’t click and they played pretty well, it happens, go again on Monday. 

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Be careful mate, you’ll have people jumping all over you telling you to **** off. 

agreed we were very poor today but let’s just hope it’s a one off. Newport will be tough as they’re still going for the play offs 

• Site Supporter

Right let’s nip this in the bud. If@RatchetMan @hughmungus @JimmyRiddle @Whitesince63 come on here and try and make out they are some kind of football revolutionists who can spot negative things that the rest of us can’t and go on to try and summise that their warped opinions of doom predicting everlasting bottom tier football, then all of you, pause, think about where we have been, where we were in December, what we have achieved since February.

We are not daft, we all want the same thing, we all know we could/should make the most of turning possession into goals, but it doesn’t always happen. The things you criticise, we all see. But put it in context, this is a great run, that we have continued. We have a side that can keep clean sheets and score goals (not as many as we’d all like)

So while you might come on here and pretend you know better than IE about what he/the players should have done,   reflect, and come to the conclusion that you actually don’t know more than IE, your opinion should be balanced with positivity and people aren’t ignoring your criticism, just simply putting it in context with the great run that we are on. 

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We can’t keep expecting results to go our way and get us out of jail.

Yes, 14 unbeaten and 11 wins in that run but it has just been the other results going our way!

2nd half was shite, and it is frustrating today but still defensively solid and we keep the run going.

These wild statements are what gets peoples backs up, not sure if it is just your turn of phrase or you are deliberately trying to be provocative?

2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Yes, 14 unbeaten and 11 wins in that run but it has just been the other results going our way!

2nd half was shite, and it is frustrating today but still defensively solid and we keep the run going.

These wild statements are what gets peoples backs up, not sure if it is just your turn of phrase or you are deliberately trying to be provocative?

We are relying on other results right this second! When we could have put a bit of breathing space between 3rd and 4th, not to mention the fact that we are now 6 points off top 

We’ve been shite since Walsall now 

Edited by RatchetMan

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We can’t keep expecting results to go our way and get us out of jail.

Last week you accused me of not understanding that you agreeing with a post that said we were fortunate was not the same as you thinking we were lucky. 
Can you explain how winning 10 of 13 in an unbeaten run of 13 has become us 'keep expecting results to go our way' ? 
Today was disappointing. 
You were explaining last week how we needed to shake things up and have Arthur starting I seem to recall. 

2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We are relying on other results right this second! When we could have put a bit of breathing space between 3rd and 4th, not to mention the fact that we are now 6 points off top 

Keep on relying suggests numerous times it happens and frequently

This is one day

Just now, RatchetMan said:

Yes we are, we dropped two points today I won't argue with that. But the statement was we can't keep relying on other teams like it has been a common and consistent theme throughout, it hasn't. All we can keep doing is playing our own game, hopefully winning but keeping points ticking over.

I am frustrated as anyone, but runs like that are hard to maintain, we didn't lose and hopefully it was a blip and we can get back to winning ways on Monday 

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

If we had won 7-0, we would still be relying on other results now, due to us not actually playing at this moment.

And would have still been 4 points off top, therefore relying upon other results if we wish to finish there.

Just now, CambridgeBWFC said:

Yes we are, we dropped two points today I won't argue with that. But the statement was we can't keep relying on other teams like it has been a common and consistent theme throughout, it hasn't. All we can keep doing is playing our own game, hopefully winning but keeping points ticking over.

I am frustrated as anyone, but runs like that are hard to maintain, we didn't lose and hopefully it was a blip and we can get back to winning ways on Monday 

agreed. Win at Newport and all is forgiven

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

If we had won 7-0, we would still be relying on other results now, due to us not actually playing at this moment.

And would have still been 4 points off top, therefore relying upon other results if we wish to finish there.

yes but it would have been 4 points with a game in hand.. a lot easier to claw back

Edited by RatchetMan

4 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Three game including Walsall 7 points including a win at a team who were in a promotion spot at the time. 
It has not been scintillating but far from shite.

I know you struggle but the first point is an undeniably fact, the second is an opinion. 

Tranmere 3 down (FACT) 

2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

yes but it would have been 4 points with a game in hand.. a lot easier to claw back

4 points is a must for automatic over Easter though today was disappointing it’s a quick turn around of games we can do it Newport game can’t come quick enough now to put it right 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, farnworth white said:

For 5 minutes, 4th now

Back to 3rd 

Current results good for top 3 finish but not the title 

Which only matters if you have money on the title 

Can't be greedy though 

Still get £500 for top 3

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Please refer back to my previous post. I’m trying to help you. People are going to quote your posts all weekend long if you keep your negative outlook without acknowledging the positives and the run we have been on.

Yes we can all count. Why do you have to point this out?