Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Redundancy Advice

Dr Faustus

• Site Supporter

If they haven't discussed the redundancy package how have they worked out that it's Mrs. Faustus who's the extra person? It sounds like there's just one too many in the place and it's her.

It happened to me about 15 years ago, they put it to me as ' If you just sign this and go, we'll pay you £xxx. The alternative is we issue everyone with a job at risk notice, it upsets everyone, it will still be you that goes, but we only pay you £xx'

Me: lend us your pen.

They also gave me money to pay for a solicitor to make sure it was fair and honest. Both me and the solicitor got a drink out of it.

Hope it turns out ok. 

6 hours ago, Ani said:

Lots of big companies still have a least a month per year of service plus payment in lieu of notice. 

So 10 years gets you 10 months plus 3 months so 13 months. Think packages are capped at most places to 24 months. Over £35k is taxable. 
My 'best' was 64weeks and 3 months in lieu of notice. So 77weeks. 

We had 3 weeks per year... Think that's rare as a new starter but haven't checked my new employer yet.

It was capped at 80 weeks pay. One guy was 35 years in and literally 5 months from retirement anyway. Laughing his cock off!

Loads of people at 20/25 years service too. 

It's over £30k redundancy payout becomes taxable. Any PILON and notice period is subject to usual tax and NI

5 hours ago, Big E said:

At this point @steviebknew he was going to have a stay at home wife forever.........

No dice. I've got eyes on her being main bread winner while I kick back for the next few years. 

Oh and @little whitt 36F is enough to smother you. 😉

• Members
2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

We had 3 weeks per year... Think that's rare as a new starter but haven't checked my new employer yet.

It was capped at 80 weeks pay. One guy was 35 years in and literally 5 months from retirement anyway. Laughing his cock off!

Loads of people at 20/25 years service too. 

It's over £30k redundancy payout becomes taxable. Any PILON and notice period is subject to usual tax and NI

No dice. I've got eyes on her being main bread winner while I kick back for the next few years. 

Oh and @little whitt 36F is enough to smother you. 😉

3ft6 is enough to smother him 

10 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Our Maude (36F) has been offered redundancy. She's been furloughed for a year, so no great surprise but she's still a bit cut up. 

Not been offered a package yet, but 41 and been there 10 years, with a 3 month notice period. 

Is she likely to better off looking at consultation (without knowing the offer)? Anyone got any experience of this? 

TIA

I went through similar this summer. Bit like @stevieb and not @steviec says it will be sent to everyone and start of the process. Offer will come at consultation 1 I suspect. I suspect they will know who they want rid of already and this is a tick box exercise. Seems a daft way of doing it to be honest.

• Members
38 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Christ you can tell you fellas know nothing about tits. 36F isn't huge 😂

We have 3 brackets of boobs

Aspirin on an ironing board

A Handful

Fuck me she could breastfeed a crèche. 

Stop over complicating it with your hieroglyphics 

• Members
7 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Depends. There's a huge difference just depending on the band size. If I told you what my cup size was you'd think fucking hell, but you'd probably think I'm alot smaller than what I really am. 

Woah hang on? You’re a bird? All this time I thought I’d been flirting with a fella!

Ffs, back to the drawing board