Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Prophet Mo, an illustrator and a teacher

Rudy

• Members

A teacher has shown his classroom the Charlie Hebdo illustration in Batley and there’s outrage outside the school

If the teacher had drawn it himself, fair enough but it’s a piece of history, I don’t know the context it was shown but you can’t censor history 

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter

Fucking ridiculous. 

School running scared because a bunch of masked beardies are shouting.

At least the DoE have made a strong statement. 

Dave Allen broke some of the taboos on religious piss taking decades ago.

This was hardly mockery, but as usual, shouty cunts prevail.

• Site Supporter

I know an English bloke who lives in Mallorca 

He follows Real Mallorca home and away at massive expense. But the team know him and he’s a minor celeb in his own back yard.

He was on telly a few years back. Mallorca were 3-0 down at Real Madrid and scored a consolation goal late on. The telly showed Billy celebrating on his own in the stand much to the amusement of the smirking fans around him.

He was happy, despite the situation being one that wasn’t necessarily a success.

I’m just saying.

• Members
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Was on about this yesterday. The way the school hung the teacher out to dry shows a total lack of leadership from the head in my opinion. 

Tolerance goes both ways - and in the context of an RE/RS lesson it seems completely reasonable. 

Not to mention it was a fuckin cartoon. It wasn’t a video of a journo getting his swede chopped off. Get a grip 

Edited by Rudy

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Was on about this yesterday. The way the school hung the teacher out to dry shows a total lack of leadership from the head in my opinion. 

Tolerance goes both ways - and in the context of an RE/RS lesson it seems completely reasonable. 

Sums it up for me.

Shit for the fella to be honest, sounds like a good teacher and shame it will have such an impact on his career. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Sums it up for me.

Shit for the fella to be honest, sounds like a good teacher and shame it will have such an impact on his career. 

It’s more than shit and it’s more than a shame. The teacher has been hung out to dry. Get those protests out. I may even join myself. First time ever.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Schools in not backing their staff shocker..

Like the protests about these inclusive lessons. Kids don't give a moneys.  "Ron and his husband "... they don't even bat an eyelid.. 

35 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

It’s more than shit and it’s more than a shame. The teacher has been hung out to dry. Get those protests out. I may even join myself. First time ever.

Good, I agree it's more than that. I'd join as well if the wrong types don't hijack it. Awful what was happening in Birmingham as well a couple of years back over teaching an inclusive curriculum. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, kent_white said:

The head looked scared yesterday when giving his apology. 

I do hope he hasn't been got at.

I've had a belief for a while that RE shouldn't be "taught" in schools; this merely adds to it. 

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Good, I agree it's more than that. I'd join as well if the wrong types don't hijack it. Awful what was happening in Birmingham as well a couple of years back over teaching an inclusive curriculum. 

Just for once, try not to to divert the argument from what it is. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Sounds like the school have panicked and hung him out to dry, poor fucker.

However, playing devil's advocate here, shouldn't a RE teacher know that a cartoon of Big Mo could cause a bit of a stir with some?

Supposed to teach about tolerance etc. If one lot is intolerant of that teaching then it's time to bin it. Moreover, didn't the first post suggest it was a historical bit about previous issues?

Just backward crackpot who need telling. That goes for catholics, jedis or whoever.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The head looked scared yesterday when giving his apology. 

I do hope he hasn't been got at.

I've had a belief for a while that RE shouldn't be "taught" in schools; this merely adds to it. 

I have no problem with religion being taught as in a cultural or historical sense but for me there should be no faith schools.