Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Prophet Mo, an illustrator and a teacher

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I have no problem with religion being taught as in a cultural or historical sense but for me there should be no faith schools.

None of it for me.

Seems odd to ban it completely in one sense but allow it partly in another.

As much as folk "learn" about religions at school, the religious ones will be "guided" far more by their religion/place of worship, the rest will say "meh" and make their minds up from observations in life.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Supposed to teach about tolerance etc. If one lot is intolerant of that teaching then it's time to bin it. Moreover, didn't the first post suggest it was a historical bit about previous issues?

Just backward crackpot who need telling. That goes for catholics, jedis or whoever.

I am with you pal. What was shown to the kids though?

Also, why does it always kick off in Birmingham, why are they more hard line?

Listening to Nick Ferrari this morning, there was a Muslim woman on saying the Muslim Council of Britain doesn't speak for anyone she knows and she doesn't understand their upset. Yet the next caller said it was inflammatory and he should have known better.

Fucking uptight cunts, Dave Allan gave it big licks to the Catholic Church for years before this lot got all upset.

RIP Dave you funny fucker.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

None of it for me.

Seems odd to ban it completely in one sense but allow it partly in another.

As much as folk "learn" about religions at school, the religious ones will be "guided" far more by their religion/place of worship, the rest will say "meh" and make their minds up from observations in life.

You can't teach history without religion, it is impossible.  The full horrors of WW2 without the holocaust isn't the full picture. You can't teach kids about ancient Egypt, the Aztecs, British colonisation or Henry VIII just off the top of my head.

Bin RE lessons and have extra history. Big regret of mine is paying zero attention to history at school (teacher was a cunt) as it is far more important to kids development than is given credit for.

These are the kinds of issues that HAVE to be engaged full on. 

The fact that were suggesting that the reason the head capitulated is because he was afraid for his safety tells us a great deal. 

The teacher should have been backed, and the head should have subsequently been backed by whoever he reports to. Right up to and including governmental level. 

We can't run an equal society in an environment where one section of it has the power to silence, based on its faith and the threat of violence. Imagined or otherwise.

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

You can't teach history without religion, it is impossible.  The full horrors of WW2 without the holocaust isn't the full picture. You can't teach kids about ancient Egypt, the Aztecs, British colonisation or Henry VIII just off the top of my head.

Bin RE lessons and have extra history. Big regret of mine is paying zero attention to history at school (teacher was a cunt) as it is far more important to kids development than is given credit for.

Hang on pal, you say you can't teach history without religion, but then call for RE to be banned and have extra history lessons.

I'm confused 😕 😄 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The fact that were suggesting that the reason the head capitulated is because he was afraid for his safety tells us a great deal. 

The teacher should have been backed, and the head should have subsequently been backed by whoever he reports to. Right up to and including governmental level. 

We can't run an equal society in an environment where one section of it has the power to silence, based on its faith and the threat of violence. Imagined or otherwise.

Great point pal 👍 

That redpill took its time like antibiotics but has certainly kicked in now 😃 

• Site Supporter

Fine, do more history. Make it factual and mention religious strife where relevant, but we dont need in depth analysis of regions. Lad used to bring home coloured in pictures of elephant gods and the whole thing is just a waste of time.

We're crying out for programming skills, engineers etc, but waste so much school time on trivial shite.

Madness.

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Hang on pal, you say you can't teach history without religion, but then call for RE to be banned and have extra history lessons.

I'm confused 😕 😄 

Eh? You got your readers on?

There is no need in this day and age for RE lessons, they should be simply encorporated into history lessons.

They have life study lessons too, that can take up some of the slack if needs be.

I just don't see how my kids are benefiting from specific RE lessons when it is all complete and utter bullshit.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Anyone from any race, religion, political persuasion or self identifying as a chocolate teapot etc who attempt to shut down our right to free speech should be stoned in public as a reminder of our renowned reputation for tolerance 😁

There is no need in this day and age for RE lessons, they should be simply encorporated into history lessons.

They have life study lessons too, that can take up some of the slack if needs be.

I just don't see how my kids are benefiting from specific RE lessons when it is all complete and utter bullshit.

Readers on fella, not being arsey, just baffled by your opening bit re history and the end part.

Carry on though please as you were, I'm no fan of religious education either, it is all a load of bollocks.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Aye and going on about jesus doing a disappearing act over Easter, its nothing new these days, 2 games over the Easter weekend and loads of blokes disappear, although big J never returned and no fucker knows what happened to him. 

Got scared by all the crosses.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Readers on fella, not being arsey, just baffled by your opening bit re history and the end part.

Carry on though please as you were, I'm no fan of religious education either, it is all a load of bollocks.

🤓

I think we are agreeing.

I think religion is such a massive part of our past/present/future you can't ignore it.

Not that I agree with any of it but our history is defined by it; in many facets that have shaped where we are today.

Just now, Winchester White said:

🤓

I think we are agreeing.

I think religion is such a massive part of our past/present/future you can't ignore it.

Not that I agree with any of it but our history is defined by it; in many facets that have shaped where we are today.

Absolutely in agreement for once pal 👍 

As long as it doesn't interfere with the modern BWFC then it will be fine.

Right, sack the club chaplain ASAP, the Bible bashing bastard 😃 

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

RE lessons these days, in none faith schools, involve educating the kids in various faiths. This involves the good and bad of each faith. Sometimes the bad upsets the radical types. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong to teach it.

It doesn’t matter if you or anyone else thinks it’s bullshit. It isn’t relevant. Some people believe in whatever faith they have been brought up with. Whether you or they are right will never be proved.

29 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

History was shite at school boring as fuck. I’m not arsed what happened last week never mind hundreds of years ago. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

History was shite at school boring as fuck. I’m not arsed what happened last week never mind hundreds of years ago. 

“History provides the foundations to learn for a better future”

-Rudy, 2021

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

I was the same as you, but my eldest is interested in history and as I have discussed things with him I feel I have missed out.

It isn't the boring stuff like remembering dates of battles just for the sake of it. They learn about why conflicts happened and look at the perspective of both sides for example. That is interesting to me, especially WW2. They also look at how history shapes how we are now, and how "now" might shape the future.

School seems so much better than when I went, as it should of course.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You said nice things about Frank Worthington

Does this mean all historical offences by people you don't like are forgotten?

"I murdered her last week, history innit? Let's all move on"

😎

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

You said nice things about Frank Worthington

Does this mean all historical offences by people you don't like are forgotten?

"I murdered her last week, history innit? Let's all move on"

😎

What did I say about frank worthington?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

What did I say about frank worthington?

Thought I saw you post something on his RIP thread but to be fair I haven't checked, sorry.

I'll look forward to your refreshing, history free posts from now on though.

Good luck :-)