Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

Hopefully we’ll be going down there on the back of three points against Colchester.

Newport are back in Newport after two games in Cardiff to give them a chance to rest the pitch at Rodney Parade. Just in time for it to host Dragons RU v Northampton on Saturday night. FFS. Fingers crossed it stays dry or the pitch will be knackered for Monday. 

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I thought this would be a very tough game but their home form isn’t brilliant, think the Salford games going to be tougher as there home form is very decent. I’ll go with a 0-2. 

To be fair, although they are unbeaten at home, they have only won 8 and drawn 10.

I don’t fear anyone with our current team and hopefully we’ll have seen off Colchester and be full of confidence going to Wales. The question will be what team turns out on Monday, will IE “rest” a few of our regular players on Friday when we should be able to beat Colchester whoever we put out? I wouldn’t be surprised if Doyle were rested for Miller and possibly Lee with George but I don’t think much will change in defence. It would though be nice if we could get a comfortable lead against Colchester to risk taking off Rico or Baptiste after an hour to ensure they’re fit for this one. Either way, I expect two wins and six points to ensure we’re top three by next weekend.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

2 players on Welsh duty and 1 with Malta.

I hope you mean U21s? Surely the Welsh aren’t that bad that they’re picking players from the Newport team? If they are they need to take the Scottish approach and just call up anyone that can point them out on a map of the UK.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I hope you mean U21s? Surely the Welsh aren’t that bad that they’re picking players from the Newport team? If they are they need to take the Scottish approach and just call up anyone that can point them out on a map of the UK.

They are that bad and are picking them 

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I don't see the need to rest anyone from the start between now and the end of the season tbh, our run in isn't that congested. I'm sure he'll take a few key players off early though if we are comfortably leading.

Agreed, we shouldn't be resting anybody in the run in, fair enough if we're 3 or 4 up, and he wants to take somebody off early, but don't start fucking around with the team when there's only 9 games to go. We need to be going full strength no matter who we play, we've seem how results have gone for others recently, when they've played "lesser" teams, we don't want to risk that happening to us

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

Agreed, we shouldn't be resting anybody in the run in, fair enough if we're 3 or 4 up, and he wants to take somebody off early, but don't start fucking around with the team when there's only 9 games to go. We need to be going full strength no matter who we play, we've seem how results have gone for others recently, when they've played "lesser" teams, we don't want to risk that happening to us

Understand all that Sweep but we’re talking about 3 games in 9 days, 4 in 14 and that’s a lot. He also needs to keep fringe players involved and that’s why I expect him to make changes for Friday and keep his best 11 for Monday. Like you I’d prefer not to change a winning team but I think we will see a number of switches for the Colchester match.

.                     Gilks                           .

.Jones Santos Baptiste John.

.          Lee                 MJ                  .

Fonz

.Dapo          Doyle           Isgrove.

Please & thank you, Mr Evatt.

Would also be happy with Thomason for Fonz and Lee in the 10 role.               

• Members
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Let's revert back to a more balanced team, Isgrove in for Arthur, Delfonso or Thomason behined Doyle.

...and a keeper on the Bench.

Isgrove will start on Monday bet your bollocks to a barndance 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I wasn't his biggest fan, but he gives us balance and works hard, we have enough of an attacking threat with Doyle, Dapo and Delfonso. 

Arthur and Zebedee off the bench if needed, losing faith with Maddison  he looks shot, hope I'm wrong because I really want it to work out for him and us.

I was the same but He works his bollocks off 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lost 3 on the bounce these men

wouldn’t mind seeing Maddison start

2-0 whites 

He looked decent today