Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I was the same but He works his bollocks off 

He looked decent today 

Don’t think he’s been given a fair crack myself 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

I was just about to write the same... not seen much of the Madders lad yet but he was trying to get the pass and move going today.

I'd like to see him start also.

Clean sheet for us and hopefully a couple of goals so 0-2

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lost the first ball but from then on it was clear he wanted it and was creating chances from out wide 

Offered more than Arthur did 

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

I was just about to write the same... not seen much of the Madders lad yet but he was trying to get the pass and move going today.

I'd like to see him start also.

Clean sheet for us and hopefully a couple of goals so 0-2

I get with the team winning it’s hard for him get a start but after today I’d give him a start 

I'd be surprised if it's not Isgrove for Arthur. It looked like the penny had dropped with Maddison today, he cut out the attempted  60 yd Hollywood passes & long shots, & seemed to be trying to fit in with the team. Better, but I still wouldn't be starting him.

If the pitch is like a ploughed field, we'll just have to get on with it.......we don't have the players to switch to long ball football.

• Members
39 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I'd be surprised if it's not Isgrove for Arthur. It looked like the penny had dropped with Maddison today, he cut out the attempted  60 yd Hollywood passes & long shots, & seemed to be trying to fit in with the team. Better, but I still wouldn't be starting him.

If the pitch is like a ploughed field, we'll just have to get on with it.......we don't have the players to switch to long ball football.

Spot on 

Newport like to play three at the back, but were short of numbers today, so Joe Ledley had to play on the right of the three.
The left sided of the three got himself sent off late on, so they might struggle on Monday.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bolton va va said:

I agree.

Isgrove will start Monday.

And Maddison looked like he was fitting in with the team ethic for the first time.

Just now, desperado said:

I agree.

Isgrove will start Monday.

And Maddison looked like he was fitting in with the team ethic for the first time.

Jones links up really well with Isgrove who always puts a shift in. We missed him today because Arthur wasn’t at the races for most of the time; Dapo also had a poor game and Fonz did nothing. It will be a much different game Monday and I expect us to get a win

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Jones links up really well with Isgrove who always puts a shift in. We missed him today because Arthur wasn’t at the races for most of the time; Dapo also had a poor game and Fonz did nothing. It will be a much different game Monday and I expect us to get a win

Got to agree with that.

Even though I was happy to see Arthur start, it’s a hypothetical assessment to say we missed Isgrove today. It’s only when you see us underperforming that someone like Isgrove stands out with his absence. 

You are right, he does link up well with Jones and when our front 3 don’t perform (harsh on Doyle) it’s the one obvious observation to make.

I’d be very surprised to not see him start Monday