Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, woolli said:

I agree! 5 points lost! The happy clappers will have loads of excuses, cant win them all, blah blah blah. Newport were shite, but, like Saturday, you dont take your chances, this is what can happen!  We have played two teams on their worst runs this season, and havent scored a goal against them! Wakey wakey guys!

So what do you suggest? Sack the manager?

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Hopefully it's what we "did", not "do"

Still “do” - we might be playing some nice attractive football but we’re still the same Bolton that we love ( /hate ). Nothing is ever easy 🙄

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Aye, he travels over from Leeds cos he doesn't care ffs! Give your head a wobble man. 

Then stop making dismissive statements. That’s 5 points ffs, that could have had us well clear. It’s only thanks to others that we aren’t further behind yet some of you just seem to accept that. Sorry, I don’t.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite sure IE can see the issue too.

Well clearly not, we 30 odd games in and just had two on the bounce where we didn't score.

We have consistently failed to create shots on target, match after match, 4 on Friday, 1 today in the 95th minute! Against two teams on shite runs.

The football he wants to play does not create enough chances for us to win games consistently. He has talent at his disposal and should be getting more from them in terms of performances for the whole match.

We didn't deserve to lose today, but rather than throw the kitchen sink at it for last 15 minutes, why not learn to take effective free kicks and corners, and try to supplement the meagre amount of goals we score through open play in other ways?? We seem to only want to score the perfect goal. Shot free kick after short free kick, take a chance we may get lucky! 

Outside Doyle Fonz and Sarc next top scorer has 2!

2 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Today has really opened my eyes as to how many deluded, clueless people post on here. 

Look; we have had two shocking games and 99% on here are pissed off. The deluded one is you; we have managed to get in a position that will get us up after 19th in February so although we are not clinical at the moment we have the players to still get us up

Just now, Whitesince63 said:

Then stop making dismissive statements. That’s 5 points ffs, that could have had us well clear. It’s only thanks to others that we aren’t further behind yet some of you just seem to accept that. Sorry, I don’t.

So, you don’t accept it?

What are your options?

We hit the bar missed two absolute sitters , ball as spun on the line for the keeper last minute can’t fucking believe we haven’t scored .
There goal as come of Santos knee for gilks to save then they tap the fucker in . 

PISSED OFF 😤 if it wasn’t the business end of the season it would be easier to take 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still “do” - we might be playing some nice attractive football but we’re still the same Bolton that we love ( /hate ). Nothing is ever easy 🙄

We were never “that good” that we could go til the end of the season unbeaten

But now we have lost we aren’t “that bad” like some folk are making out either

No need for the old WW bipolar boom/bust bollocks (that’s not at you BTW Eddie)

1 point over Easter is disappointing; let’s just hope we learn from it and that we’ve “had our bad spell”.

Let’s see what these boys’ character is all about; it’s football, it’s not supposed tk be easy

some utter utter fannies whinging on here. Piss funny 

Just now, Whitesince63 said:

Yes but using that argument, it's only that fact that we were shite for the first half of the season that's stopped us running away with it.

That's football.

We're going up .

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You lot would make a saint swear with your, oh well never mind attitude. Maybe I care where you don’t?

Tried to warn you this morning you plant pot. You come on here claiming you are the positive one. Just knew you’d show your true colours. 

7 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

We’ve been dogshit for a while

Yeh ok

5 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Not going to stick around here for the overreactions and arguments tonight - utterly pointless.

Could and absolutely should have been out of sight today. Nothing to do with having a poor attack or not making enough chances. Had enough chances for an absolute rout. They've had one clear cut chance and scored it, fair enough. Infuriating for us but I think the pressure of the unbeaten run now gone could be a blessing in disguise. We can only hope. 

Nothing in the performance today had me worried, as I say, should've been an easy win. Didn't work out like that. Shit happens. It hurts. Fuck off Newport.

Go again next time. I'll keep the faith. We're still going up.

Thank god. A voice of sanity 

4 minutes ago, woolli said:

I agree! 5 points lost! The happy clappers will have loads of excuses, cant win them all, blah blah blah. Newport were shite, but, like Saturday, you dont take your chances, this is what can happen!  We have played two teams on their worst runs this season, and havent scored a goal against them! Wakey wakey guys!

Oh bloody hell we have another one. Do you have any realism of this division and where Bolton have been and where we have come from. What’s your prediction on this season now? 

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Today has really opened my eyes as to how many deluded, clueless people post on here. 

He is the thing you and white since63 have all of a sudden tripped up posting on here. Posting the same and very similar shite. Makes me think you are both either posters using aliases 'for a laugh' or are simply WUMs both of which make you cunts in my eyes.

You said we were lucky at FGR, surely by the same logic we were unlucky today in your mind ? Not for me, missing chances is not lucky, today we lost because probably the best player in the League ((Lee) missed 3 sitters. But you must have thought we were unlucky ? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

We have consistently failed to create shots on target,  

Outside Doyle Fonz and Sarc next top scorer has 2!

Im sat here wondering how you create shots on target

If youre saying we dont create chances after a game where we shouldve scored 5, i suggest youre talking cack

• Site Supporter

I'm sure everyone is disappointed but a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. At the beginning of December I was fearing we might end up fighting to stay in the Football League. 

We've had a couple of shaky results but now is not the time for panic. Whilst a lot has been made of our lack of goals its been noticeable that the performance levels of Lee, Williams & Santos have dropped. Hopefully a bit of R&R will do the job & we go again. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Don’t be ridiculous, he didn’t miss the open goals. Some are realists and angry with it.

So what do we do to arrest this slide towards the trapdoor?

You’ve been predicting this for 15 games.

Stop telling us what’s wrong, tell us how it should be sorted, Nostradamus.