Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Read back numpty. I was responding to being sworn at and insulted. You obviously think that’s fine, I don’t.

Here’s a brief timeline of our interaction following the match. Show me again where your swearing and insults were in reaction to my swearing and insults.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Can’t believe some of you tossers, we’ve just thrown away a game we should have won comfortably and yet you still come out with the same, well other teams didn’t win so it doesn’t matter shit. It does matter and it did on Friday and that’s 5 points thrown away but you apologists still won’t have it.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Bigger picture. I can just tell you’d be happier only taking 20 points from last 12 games before this weekend then 6 from Good Friday and Easter Monday. 

You quoted this post and came back with:

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

You are a silly twat, grow some and don’t talk shit. If you don’t care fine but don’t confuse yourself with realists.

So go on...

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Just noticed Morecambe go 3rd if they win their game in hand 

We've had some luck on this run, this weekend we've had none 

Got to step it up for the run in 

Maddison can start the next one for me, without Sarcevic we need a consistent threat from somewhere

Probably a bit of re-invention needed, we've done this line up to death perhaps

30 minutes ago, desperado said:

😘

So this team, this manager, the recruitment we’ve made since December and the good run and progress we are making should see us to promotion.

Today was a blip, we missed chances we should have scored, the run was always going to come to an end at some point, good job it happened on a day when results favoured us.

Exactly the right response.

Even though you are an old cantankerous fellow, glad to see there’s a bit of grey matter still left up top and I can bring you round to my way of thinking 👍😂

Would love to meet you!  Im sure we would get on!

50 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I hope fans of other L2 clubs aren't having browse over this thread, its fucking embarrassing!

Meltdown.com over 1 loss in 15. Christ!

Can't remember who mate, but someone called it a few games back.

Lose a game and wrist slashers would be out in force.

Still think we've got this, no problem 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Would love to meet you!  Im sure we would get on!

I hope that’s genuine because I honestly feel away from the keyboard I’d get on with everyone on here.

We’re all Bolton fans and want the same thing. We know how Bolton frustrate, whether you have been watching them for 80 (my old man) 50/60 (I’m guessing with your experience) or 40 (me) or 16 (my eldest) years.

That’s BWFC, that’s what we do. It’s never straightforward or the way we want it to be. But that’s the draw isn’t it? Would be shit following anyone else.

I don’t think the doubters on here are as pessimistic as they make out and us “happy clappers” are simply sticking up for our team and calling out the doubters for being so negative when we are still well set for promotion.

COYWM

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

Can't remember who mate, but someone called it a few games back.

Lose a game and wrist slashers would be out in force.

Still think we've got this, no problem 

I said it after the Barrow game.

On 27/02/2021 at 17:39, Cheese said:

One loss and the wrist slashers will be out in force. They were chomping at the bit today when they thought we'd only drawn...

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

Maddison can start the next one for me, without Sarcevic we need a consistent threat from somewhere

Agree with all of this.

My son was just saying the same re Maddison starting the next game as he did well today.

If we go up we will need his ability as the creativity from elsewhere in the team is limited.

Edited by captainmed

43 minutes ago, desperado said:

Cant agree with either of those statements. 

Firstly we tried all sorts today to get a goal. Ok it didn’t work, but we got early crosses into the box, quick through balls into attacking players, direct corners into box and shots from outside the box, hardly a team who “only want to score the perfect goal”

And there’s plenty of teams (much better teams than us who have gone on to win premiership titles) who rely on 2/3 players to score the majority of their goals. Rooney and Van Persie in 12/13 and Costa and Hazard in 16/17. 

It’s pretty unlucky that one of our best goal scorers, Sarcevic, is injured at the moment.

Im quite pleased, in terms of evidence against the doubters, that the main culprit today for misses and us not winning the game, is Lee. Arguably our best player.

And justifies the point that we are not going to walk over every team in this division. We are not streets ahead of every team. IE is not making incorrect decisions (unless you think dropping Lee is justified?) 

This team is not perfect, they are suspect to inconsistencies, they don’t put away chances we all feel they should. So what? What are the doubters actually claiming here? 

We are so much better than what we were in December. We are still work in progress. Why is that so difficult for some people to accept? 

As a summary of today and where we are that'll do for me, well said.

We've shown over this weekend we're still a work in progress and why. We're one of the best teams in the division, but not the best by far as some would have you believe. We only started our season in Feb and have put a superb run together to give ourselves a chance (while others have been faltering), albeit relying a bit too much on clean sheets and 1 or 2-0s. We don't turn a lot of possession into enough chances and, on the odd occasion we do make some, like today, we don't take enough of them.

Eventually that was going to catch up with us, though it was encouraging despite the misses that we committed to getting more bodies in the box more often today, if we do that over the remaining games we won't keep missing.

Thomason and Isgrove were the right changes in the right positions today, both had good games, Thomason in particular, showed maturity and confidence beyond his years and experience. We have missed Sarcevic though, suspect he'd have hit the net at least once today and caused more to happen around their box on Friday.

Newport along with many teams in this league are professional footballers playing pub league tactics, rough em up and kick the shit out of you, we more than took them on, how many games have we seen where we've been absolutely battered and won with a smash and grab? that's what happened today, so I say to the whinging bastards on here, FUCK OFF and buy a sky blue shirt if you want to see lots of goals @white63, @bitchetman, and @hughmongus this is pointed at you.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Zico said:

And just seen Morecambe's game in hand is tomorrow at home to Southend FFS

Disappointing, we played well & should have been out of sight at h/t but after missing our chances, it's always a possibility that it'll come back to bite you.......we've done it the other way round ( City away most memorably )

Oddly enough, i thought Lee played well in the no10 role, doing well to get into the scoring positions but his misses were shockers.....the 1st one might have bobbled but no excuse for the missed header, a defender would have struggled to keep it out !!  Isgrove played well also.

Move on, carry on the way we've been playing but just take our chances & i still think it's in our own hands.  

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Don't think they have a game in hand mate.

Well, they've played one less than us, Tranmere and FGR, they play tomorrow, if they win, they go 3rd

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Well, they've played one less than us, Tranmere and FGR, they play tomorrow, if they win, they go 3rd

App thingy on my phone got em on 38 same as us just Cambridge on 39 fucking thing must be wrong then.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

App thingy on my phone got em on 38 same as us just Cambridge on 39 fucking thing must be wrong then.

Aye, it's not so much a game in hand, they're just playing tomorrow instead

Against Southend 

So another team now in the mix for an automatic spot

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, desperado said:

IE words after defeat

key points for me;

the lads deserved to win the game. We should have been out of sight at half-time.

- we’ve created not just one or two, but three, four, five golden opportunities that we have to take and then we should be out of sight and then it should be game over.

- they can’t be too downbeat because that was a much better performance than Friday.

- Kieran Lee missed the two chances he did. Sometimes that happens in football and there’s no blame - we’ll go again on Saturday.

there isn’t anyone that watched that game today that would say we didn’t deserve to win it.

- For everyone that thought we were just going to cruise over the line with no mishap or worry, it wasn’t ever going to be the case ( @Whitesince63 take note) 

- the amount of crosses we put into the box, the numbers we got into the penalty area, the counterpress was back, the energy was back ( @JimmyRiddle take note) 

We can’t get too downbeat. (Some might struggle with this one)

If anyone disagrees with with any of this. I’m keen to see what it is.

The key point for me was IE reckons the ref asked the keeper if it was other the line! 

Created enough chances to have won by half time.  Also had numerous chances to get good crosses in and didn’t.

always comes back to haunt you - remember that game at Man City, where they hit the woodwork 6 teams and we got a penalty in injury time?

if we carry on playing like that first half for the rest of the season we should be fine.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Zico said:

The key point for me was IE reckons the ref asked the keeper if it was other the line! 

Well yes! It is a significant moment! It’s one of those where we’ll never know. From the picture I’ve seen in the first phase I fail to see how the keeper has kept it from going behind on the 2nd phase, but I’ve not seen that part 

• Moderators
Just now, desperado said:

Well yes! It is a significant moment! It’s one of those where we’ll never know. From the picture I’ve seen in the first phase I fail to see how the keeper has kept it from going behind on the 2nd phase, but I’ve not seen that part 

Nathan Blake on GMR reckoned it went over twice

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, it's not so much a game in hand, they're just playing tomorrow instead

Against Southend 

So another team now in the mix for an automatic spot

Morecambe have always been there or thereabouts. 

Beat Cheltenham recently and are a good side.