Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Members
31 minutes ago, desperado said:

Nah, I’m not having that his thought process in the second it takes for the ball to reach him has him asking himself “I should head this, but due to all the negative medical research on heading I think I’ll try something different” 

It didn’t bother him a couple of weeks back when he nodded in the equaliser against Walsall. 

It was very simply a very poor execution, which everybody, Lee included, can see. 

Not To mention he’s already scored a header!

• Members
11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yes, but he might have only read the research on the team bus the morning of the game! 

I’m surprised he can still read after a career of heading the ball 

• Site Supporter

I've been saying for weeks we need to get the ball forward faster but yesterday when we tried it our forwards didn't know how to deal with it or were in front of the ball.

We've not created and then missed so many chances for ages. It showed that we can change it around when we need to but need more concentration in finishing.

I was more disappointed in Fridays draw than yesterdays defeat to be honest. Reet, Harrogate are foing get it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Nah, I’m not having that his thought process in the second it takes for the ball to reach him has him asking himself “I should head this, but due to all the negative medical research on heading I think I’ll try something different” 

It didn’t bother him a couple of weeks back when he nodded in the equaliser against Walsall

It was very simply a very poor execution, which everybody, Lee included, can see. 

To be honest I don't think  'nodding in the odd equaliser' is much of a problem. It's more the heading of balls coming out of the sky a dozen times in a match that is the trouble.

I'm no medical man and this is no medical answer, or any answer at all really.

29 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

To be honest I don't think  'nodding in the odd equaliser' is much of a problem. It's more the heading of balls coming out of the sky a dozen times in a match that is the trouble.

I'm no medical man and this is no medical answer, or any answer at all really.

Plus all the fellas that have made the news recently had careers heading 30kg rain soaked pigs bladders 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Plus all the fellas that have made the news recently had careers heading 30kg rain soaked pigs bladders 

With big fuck off laces. Like heading a medicine ball.

The ball, not the players. Sorry, I can't bring myself to say 'fellas'.

Edited by Francis Fogarty

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, desperado said:

The ref dealt with it like I used to reffing the U7s, relying on their conscience, “I didn’t see it, but be honest, did it go over?”  🤷‍♂️

Do you honestly believe that a Ref would ask that and then make a decision?

Anyway, I'll ask him next Monday at the gym.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Do you honestly believe that a Ref would ask that and then make a decision?

Anyway, I'll ask him next Monday at the gym.

Nah not seriously... surely. The only way I can conceivably see it playing out with dialogue is if he’s just speaking his mind and rhetorically throwing a couple of questions out “Did it go in? I don’t think it did, the Lino hasn’t seen it, so you agree I can’t give it?” 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Nah not seriously... surely. The only way I can conceivably see it playing out with dialogue is if he’s just speaking his mind and rhetorically throwing a couple of questions out “Did it go in? I don’t think it did, the Lino hasn’t seen it, so you agree I can’t give it?” 

As with the disallowed goal v Colchester , the technology available in Premier League would have resolved this. Ref can not give it if he has not seen it. 

15 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Much more pleasant now the kids have gone to bed.

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

Exactly, I waited until this morning to go back to the thread.

Yeh theres a couple of newbies trying to wind a few up on here lately, it's probably just one person with a couple of accounts. Proper tedious turd he is, trying to provoke a reaction all the time. They normally fuck off after a while if no one takes them on.

15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Despite being on the wrong end of a couple of 'ify' decisions this weekend, I still don't want VAR in the game

100%. Although it's worth mentioning that the goal-line technology that might have come in to play yesterday would be different to VAR intervention.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

My mate had one of those footballs with the really thick rectangular panelling on them, use to hurt my feet kicking the thing, don't think we ever dared trying to head it.

When the casing eventually split open we kicked the bladder around instead, much better.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

The chance where Lee decided to try and chest the ball into the net instead of heading it was ridiculous. I’m wondering, with all the publicity of dementia from heading a football, if this is why he didn’t nod it in. Just a thought.

I'm now wondering how the fuck Wigan won the FA Cup. Maybe they hadn't heard that Dave Whelan had broken his leg in the final once upon a time. 😂

9 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

My mate had one of those footballs with the really thick rectangular panelling on them, use to hurt my feet kicking the thing, don't think we ever dared trying to head it.

When the casing eventually split open we kicked the bladder around instead, much better.

Used to go up for a header and come down with the laces imprinted on your forehead... looked like Frankenstein