Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Classic” films you’ve never seen

Rudy

• Members

Not necessarily old ones but the sort of film you tell people you haven’t seen and they say “how have you not seen that!”

The Good the bad and the ugly 

Dirty Harry

Terminator (yet I have seen the second one loads)

Braveheart 

• Members

Christ where do I start? 

Raging bull

Good will hunting 

Predator

Any rocky films

Any star wars films

Reservoir dogs

Saving private ryan

Taxi driver

Any Lord of the rings

Alien 

Any of the godfathers

Goodfellas

Just to name a few. 

Now Dirty Dancing, pretty woman, ghost and all the rest of that girly shite I can recite back word for word. 

• Members

I hate my own thread

The Godfather. Not only is it the greatest film ever made it set the bar for every gangster film after it. I implore you all to watch it. 

Anyways I haven’t seen a Bond film that didn’t star Daniel Craig 

Braveheart is in no way a classic film. Folk will be mentioning Robin Hood: Prince of Fucking Thieves next.

The first Godfather is excellent, although I've still never managed to get round to Once Upon A Time in America.

Done a few classics recently as I had the time stuff like The Sea Shall Not Have Them, The Fall of the Roman Empire (which is excellent and is basically the film Gladiator ripped off) Dog Day Afternoon, The Red Shoes and modern stuff like Roma.

Stuff on the list which I haven't seen

Double Indemnity

The Seventh Seal (Its like one of those books you take on holiday thinking, I will read this and end up going through a load of beach reads you've bought at the airport instead)

Dr Strangelove

All the President's Men

Annie Hall (god knows why i haven't seen it, it seem to be the thing you had to watch at uni - and now I'm not sure it's appropriate to watch it)

Classics I keep coming back to - my favourite film of all time - Lost in Translation, which has also one of the best soundtracks of all time to. I'm a sucker for the LoTR stuff (although are they classics?) 

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

GoT isn't a film. 

Same shit. Just dragged out for years on tele for Netflix wankers to froth themselves off over thinking they're some sort of viking. 

You work in finance Colin. Simmer down

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I'm surprised at how many people haven't seen The Godfather........No 1 is a masterpiece & for me, No 2 is even better. ( No 3 is bobbins ) 

I've tried a few times, but after an hour I still find I'm not being drawn in.

I understand it's a long film, but after an hour, a "classic" really should have its hooks in you.

Just a bit dull, but one day I'll do the whole lot and only then can I tell you if I think it's a classic.

I know we've had the discussion, but Goodfellas gets its hooks in early, then goes nowhere fast.

• Members
7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Same shit. Just dragged out for years on tele for Netflix wankers to froth themselves off over thinking they're some sort of viking. 

You work in finance Colin. Simmer down

THANK YOU MY MATE

Usually the same weirdos who wank over captain aqua bat.

Talk about it, like it’s real 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton in bedford said:

Harry Potter.  Not read the books either.

Same. 

Nor Godfather, Rocky, all of Star Wars except the first which is apparently the second or third now.