Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Classic” films you’ve never seen

Rudy

37 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Great film that.. in my top 10

Shit film. Horrible twat is a dick. That's it.

But I love the breakfast club, I don't think I've fashion wise moved on much from John Bender.

The kids love it, but I do have to point it its very of its time and Jud Nelson is a massive abusive pillock throughout.

Still love the film though.

In fact most of the brat pack films.

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Shit film. Horrible twat is a dick. That's it.

But I love the breakfast club, I don't think I've fashion wise moved on much from John Bender.

The kids love it, but I do have to point it its very of its time and Jud Nelson is a massive abusive pillock throughout.

Still love the film though.

In fact most of the brat pack films.

Fair enough. Breakfast club is class. "Two Hits. Me Hitting You. You Hitting The Floor."

Stand By Me is another favourite of mine.

9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Godfathers here too, which is odd as I love gangster films.

Never watched Gone With the Wind or Casablanca.

I only watched The Magnificent Seven the other week, great film. Original of course.

Gone With The Wind is fantastic, my go to lazy Sunday afternoon film. Oddly enough we always put it on on Christmas morning as well for some reason.

• Members
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

The Matrix, have a mate who has been trying to make me watch it for 22 years which makes me even more resolute in swerving the fucker.

I salute the pettiness 

41 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

The Matrix, have a mate who has been trying to make me watch it for 22 years which makes me even more resolute in swerving the fucker.

I've never watched any Matrix films either, they just look utter shit - and like you, I've gone that long now, I'm refusing to entertain them

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Rudy said:

Terminator (yet I have seen the second one loads)

I've not seen any of them after T2, but to have seen it loads and have not seen the first one is just weird 

Guess you don't want to maybe risk tarnishing the memory, I'm the same with sequels to Robocop, Highlander and the 3rd Bill and Ted film 

This is one of the most amazing films. I was dragged along to watch it at a film society showing in Edinburgh on a saturday night. I wasn't much looking forward to it, but the fact you could bring your own cans helped. Totally chnaged my mind.

Its funny, pretentious but utterly brilliant and features Peter Faulk's best work (also features the guy who played Hitler in Downfall) plus a great live performance of Nick Cave - the end is great. If you get a chance, honestly watch it.

Its one of those 

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its funny, pretentious but utterly brilliant and features Peter Faulk's best work (also features the guy who played Hitler in Downfall) plus a great live performance of Nick Cave - the end is great. If you get a chance, honestly watch it.

I preferred him as Columbo.

I've never seen the Exorcist.  I'd love to watch it but feel it'd be too dated now to be a bit meh.

I remember being excited about 20 years ago when Driller Killer finally became legal to hire after no longer being classed as a "Video Nasty".  It was shit.

Probably watched A Clockwork Orange around the same time and just thought it was plain weird. 

• Members
53 minutes ago, Zico said:

I've not seen any of them after T2, but to have seen it loads and have not seen the first one is just weird 

Guess you don't want to maybe risk tarnishing the memory, I'm the same with sequels to Robocop, Highlander and the 3rd Bill and Ted film 

Yeah but it’s not like I need to See the first one, I get the plot

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I've never watched any Matrix films either, they just look utter shit - and like you, I've gone that long now, I'm refusing to entertain them

I had to do a fucking GCSE assignment on the matrix when I was 16. Had no clue what was happening in that film. Still for a B. 

Edited by bolton_blondie

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Yeah but it’s not like I need to See the first one, I get the plot

not having it

character development

Sarah Connor starts off as the sort of person who wouldn't say boo to a goose, not the mentalist who turns up in T2

and she's not the only Sarah Connor who gets terminated

and T101 wasn't always a good guy you know

get it watched