Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

George Floyd murder trial

Rudy

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

You blocked me, remember? :)

Yes. Ask your mates who aren't blocked to verify 95% of my posts are re the Armed Forces, then the rest re the Afghan interpreters though of that is being done via private messages now. 

I'll set you a challenge on here, look if you can to see where I've defended white folk being murdered off the police. I think you'll struggle, as trash is trash in my eyes, full stop.

5 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Fuck all interest in a junky gangster, you stick to your virtue signalling.

"The action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue."

• Members

No one should give a fuck about this guys past, the police didn’t know his past so the fact remains a police office sworn to protect and serve leant on his neck for 8minutes and 42 seconds.

It isn’t white cop kills black guy

Its a trial of murder. The other stuff can come later 

29 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No one should give a fuck about this guys past, the police didn’t know his past so the fact remains a police office sworn to protect and serve leant on his neck for 8minutes and 42 seconds.

It isn’t white cop kills black guy

Its a trial of murder. The other stuff can come later 

In in no way defending it and am not following the trial or owt but did it not come out the copper and Floyd had previous? 

• Members
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

In in no way defending it and am not following the trial or owt but did it not come out the copper and Floyd had previous? 

Now that you mention it yeah I think something to do with them being bouncers or something but couldn’t find many facts about it 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No.  They had worked at the same place but never on the same shift apparently.

Rudy ^ nails it.  Imagine feeling the life drain out of you while your lay down and not resisting.  Knowing that if you struggle to breathe you'll be seen as resisting and get shot dead anyway.  I wonder how often this kind of thing happened in the past but because it wasnt filmed was just written off by the Police as accidental?

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, kent_white said:

I'm saying that from a nursing perspective if somebody is able to talk then it's clear sign that their airway isn't blocked.

I think we discussed this early in this thread. Kneeling on the carotid artery’, however...

48 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think we discussed this early in this thread. Kneeling on the carotid artery’, however...

You'd need to obstruct both carotid arteries though. Not sure whether you can easily do that by kneeling on someone's neck?

I suppose it's conceivable - but it wouldn't be easy. Even if you were trying. 

I don't think this can be a murder as the defendant did not set out to intentionally kill the man.

But when the opportunity to kill presented itself in the red mist of the moment the defendant might have taken it, therefore is this manslaughter?

Is there a half way house between murder and manslaughter?

59 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps the death was down to having a cop on your chest as much as a knee on your neck. If your chest can't rise you can't breathe. 

Still can't see it. Your ribs can take a hell of a lot of weight before you're crushed to the extent that you can't breath. Certainly more than one man kneeling on you. And we all usually breathe without our chests rising and falling. It's your diaphragm that goes up and down mainly.

Anyway - I'm sure the truth will out. I've no axe to grind with this by the way. It's just always stuck me as implausible that he died solely as a direct consequence on the copper kneeling on him. I expect there was something catastrophic happening physiologically. 

Either way that copper and his colleagues  were a set of pricks for not checking on him once he'd stopped moving. 

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I don't think this can be a murder as the defendant did not set out to intentionally kill the man.

But when the opportunity to kill presented itself in the red mist of the moment the defendant might have taken it, therefore is this manslaughter?

Is there a half way house between murder and manslaughter?

Second degree murder  

Comes down to intent  

Didn't mean to kill them but meant to hurt them 

So the question is what did he expect to happen when you kneel on someone's neck with all your weight for 9 minutes

There were 4 cops 

Dunno why they couldn't just point guns at him whilst one cuffs him and bundle him into the back of the car, if they wanted to arrest him

13 hours ago, Zico said:

Second degree murder  

Comes down to intent  

Didn't mean to kill them but meant to hurt them 

So the question is what did he expect to happen when you kneel on someone's neck with all your weight for 9 minutes

There were 4 cops 

Dunno why they couldn't just point guns at him whilst one cuffs him and bundle him into the back of the car, if they wanted to arrest him

He was already cuffed  and also remember they had him in the police car, and then took him out why?   to teach him a lesson ?, he was not having a medical issue in the car. That is where per-mediation could come in, the cops had all ready done their job, next they should have transported him too lock up and let them charge and deal let them deal with it.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

He was already cuffed  and also remember they had him in the police car, and then took him out why?   to teach him a lesson ?, he was not having a medical issue in the car. That is where per-mediation could come in, the cops had all ready done their job, next they should have transported him too lock up and let them charge and deal let them deal with it.

wasn't aware of that, be interesting the see what the thinking behind that was

2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

If he was foaming out the mouth there's even less reason to put a knee on his neck for 9 minutes

What would you personally do with a huge guy who is foaming at the mouth ?

I actually wouldn't go anywhere near him, was bad enough seeing Ani foaming at the gob once before he allegedly hijacked a roadsweeper whilst wearing an Asda suit jacket.