Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

Definitely a must win on Saturday so we need to get our shooting boots out. I thought yesterday we played better than we have since Cambridge, other than of course our finishing, so on the basis that we can’t possibly miss chances like that again, I’m sure we will see Harrogate off comfortably. I wonder if it’s worth IE trying to find a way of starting both Doyle and Miller up top with Lee returning to his midfield role. I’d like to see George stay in though because he was superb last night and is the only one who can see a telling forward pass?

• Site Supporter

Jones and Isgrove are a good partnership down the right.

As much as I like Dapo, he produces no more than Isgrove in terms of assists and goals. However they both contribute greatly to our overall efforts.

We seem to create more chances when Thomason is playing, though I would like to see him played further forward. 

That said, it's not necessarily the time for wholesale changes, and IE sees them everyday. Got to trust him to do the right thing. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Definitely a must win on Saturday so we need to get our shooting boots out. I thought yesterday we played better than we have since Cambridge, other than of course our finishing, so on the basis that we can’t possibly miss chances like that again, I’m sure we will see Harrogate off comfortably. I wonder if it’s worth IE trying to find a way of starting both Doyle and Miller up top with Lee returning to his midfield role. I’d like to see George stay in though because he was superb last night and is the only one who can see a telling forward pass?

Another day, another game to look forward to in what we all hope will get us back on the path of automatic promotion.

In response to some of your comments. I agree we played well yesterday (finishing aside), I also agree we surely can’t carrying on missing so many opportunities and yes Thomason had a great game, possibly the pick of the 3 yesterday, but I’m comfortable with IEs rotation of him.

I don’t think he’ll go 2 up top, he likes the current system, it creates opportunities and I believe Lee/Dapo/Doyle/Isgrove/Fonz can find their shooting boots and have enough to score the goal(s). 

Personally I think we’ll win, narrowly.  For your own health, I wouldn’t go out there claiming it’s going to be comfortable! Your positive/negative emotional graph over a weekend I don’t think is doing you any good 😂

The thing with Thomason is I am not sure he is as effective at home when teams sit deep and deny any space behind, as this reduces the effectiveness of his long range passing.

He was superb yesterday, but could see him maybe back on the bench on Saturday?

We need to find a way to unsettle and move defenders who are intent on holding their areas, that's the key at home. Maybe get Delf closer to Doyle for his physicality??

32 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I can’t believe you can use Delf and physicality in the same sentence JR, we don’t have a player who goes missing and pulls out of more tackles and headers than he does. Arthur next to Doyle I might agree but Delf??

Well yes, maybe you're right, but he does have some upper body strength to occupy defenders to hopefully create space for others.

Think all will be done to have sarcevic back for this one.    We seem to be able to cover all other positions when needed aprt from the role he plays - which he does well.   

Time for delf have another rest and bring dapo back in,  isgrove to keep his spot and if needs be then give maddison a good last half hour (wont be needed, we,ll be 3 nowt up at h.t )

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

3-0.  First three shots all go in and then we just stroke it around and coast to victory.

........followed by somebody saying it wasn't' good enough, and we should have scored a lot more, and there was no excuse for not getting at least 6 or 7

7 hours ago, desperado said:

Another day, another game to look forward to in what we all hope will get us back on the path of automatic promotion.

In response to some of your comments. I agree we played well yesterday (finishing aside), I also agree we surely can’t carrying on missing so many opportunities and yes Thomason had a great game, possibly the pick of the 3 yesterday, but I’m comfortable with IEs rotation of him.

I don’t think he’ll go 2 up top, he likes the current system, it creates opportunities and I believe Lee/Dapo/Doyle/Isgrove/Fonz can find their shooting boots and have enough to score the goal(s). 

Personally I think we’ll win, narrowly.  For your own health, I wouldn’t go out there claiming it’s going to be comfortable! Your positive/negative emotional graph over a weekend I don’t think is doing you any good 😂

Actually, I only have a positive view desp, it just depends how you’ve viewed my posts? When I’m critical I try to be constructive. I’ve never called for Evatt’s head nor have I ever accepted we couldn’t still gain promotion, despite our poor start. I’ll have ago at individual players if I don’t think they’re contributing enough, especially Delf because he’s capable of so much more. I think you may be confusing my responses to other posters rather than the club because you make a comment they disagree with and instead of challenging your views, they resort to abuse and insults. I don’t tend to swear in writing but yesterday, I was frustrated and let my anger spill over with the abusive responses. Never mind, today’s another day so let’s hope Southend do us proud tonight and we do the business in our remaining games.