Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I only have a positive view desp,

Taking the emotion out of it, I think the comment immediately after the final whistle “Where do we go from here”? was a fuse lighter. This kind of statement is usually reserved for teams that are on their arse, going out of business, stranded in a relegation slot, gone on an horrific run and the wheels have come off (and I don’t mean 2 games!) Not for a side that have lost 1 in 15! And as you agree a side who are playing well, creating chances and are still well set for promotion. Surely you can see that doesn’t come across as being positive? 

24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

let’s hope Southend do us proud tonight and we do the business in our remaining games.

Well good timing with Southend winning! And I’m sure we’ll do the business in the remaining games 👍

Personally, I don’t like two holding midfielders (4-2-3-1) I know it’s helped us be more solid from when we were conceding too many goals but I would now like us to increase our attacking options and change to a 4-3-3.

Gilks

Jones Santos Baptiste John

Thomason Williams Lee

Afolayan Doyle Isgrove

Subs: Fonz, Mads, Arthur, Miller, Zebs 

And when fit, replace Thomason with Sarc..

4 hours ago, desperado said:

Taking the emotion out of it, I think the comment immediately after the final whistle “Where do we go from here”? was a fuse lighter. This kind of statement is usually reserved for teams that are on their arse, going out of business, stranded in a relegation slot, gone on an horrific run and the wheels have come off (and I don’t mean 2 games!) Not for a side that have lost 1 in 15! And as you agree a side who are playing well, creating chances and are still well set for promotion. Surely you can see that doesn’t come across as being positive? 

Well good timing with Southend winning! And I’m sure we’ll do the business in the remaining games 👍

I genuinely don’t know where you’re coming from on that desperado. We know as fans we’ve struggled with scoring, we couldn’t do it against a struggling Colchester and even less missing a handful of gift chances against Newport. IE had also claimed he was concerned about not scoring and seeing games out and made changes against Newport to try to resolve it. Despite the chances we made, it didn’t work, so my comment “Where do we go from here?” was a genuine question. Where do we? Whatever side he puts out seems to be unable to score enough, so just where do we go from here if we want to get promoted. It’s a minor miracle we’ve got where we are and it’s been a combination of a massive improvement in midfield and defence and some rather fortuitous late goals and refereeing decisions. We have good players, some of the best in our league but we just don’t seem to be able to find a way to benefit from it. Look we’re still in good shape and if we won every remaining game 1-0, I’d take that but it would be nice to see the team benefitting in goals from their superior quality. 

Yet more help tonight from Sarfend, so it’s still all to play for for us, so go again on Saturday and let’s hope we can take a few of the chances we’re sure to create. 😉

Edited by Whitesince63

Harrogate are on there summer jollies. Get at them from the first min

What i did not like about Saturdays defeat is yet again we came off the park without a booking. Too many accepting the result with 20 mins to go, no urgency.... No one screaming at the others to step it up. We simply are to nice a team on the pitch

33 minutes ago, Rudy said:

By the way @Eddie I’m still having our superstition still works, and Newport used Devine intervention to stop Lee scoring 

A minor blip - I think I put a full stop in the Newport prediction which was obviously the difference between Lee scoring and not.

Lesson learnt, back to the tried and tested this week - Harrogate won’t know what’s hit them.

4 hours ago, masi 51 said:

What i did not like about Saturdays defeat is yet again we came off the park without a booking. Too many accepting the result with 20 mins to go, no urgency.... No one screaming at the others to step it up. 

The loan players signed in January are higher quality than other clubs in Div 4 could afford but being loan players probably don't care as much as permanent signings

• Members
7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The loan players signed in January are higher quality than other clubs in Div 4 could afford but being loan players probably don't care as much as permanent signings

Don’t. Talk. Shite.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

From what I’ve seen of our January loans, they all care and other than John, who I think will want higher level football, the others would jump at a contract here if the moneys reasonable, why not?

Now we are at the 'business end' of the season I think experience will be a big factor in our outcome,   got to be happy with gilkes, baptiste, doyle,lee(as long as we dont let him in the opposition's 6 yard box, and even sarcevic has been in this position before.

We,ll be reet

1 hour ago, RatchetMan said:

Do you just attack people on here daily? 

They are not all called Daley.

To make people feel old that is a reference to someone winning Olympic gold 40 years ago. 

Edited by Ani

• Members
13 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I get the feeling ratshitman only comes on for the titties now, come on rudy give him the works

Don’t think he’s that way inclined. Didn’t even make a comment about our Sonia