Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

1 minute ago, Ros Coe said:

Excellent post. That reminds me of many a ticking off I got at School. Sent shivers down my spine..

You’re not a former teacher by any chance are you Sir?

Ha, ha, thanks Ros but no, not a teacher probably just a life dealing with kids and grandkids and that’s not a reference to Ani before he pulls me up!! 🤩🥳

21 hours ago, Zico said:

I've been here since the beginning and wouldn't describe any of these cunts as my mates

Same

Though if I was to be a real cunt I’d post “that” picture of you from my stag do.

Anyway, Saturday - 3-0 Bolton, Baptiste hat-trick.

Ratty and Grandad63 have a lemon party with Ani and Hughm0ngy gets an Ian Evatt tattoo to celebrate

And all is well in the world 

• Site Supporter
On 08/04/2021 at 07:47, Rudy said:

Any word on Sarc?

He was back training on the grass yesterday. Still being cautious though. Looks like we won’t see him tomorrow, but will see him at some point in the run-in, which is good news. 

• Site Supporter

But it does look like Dapo will be back in. He does come across as a nice, well grounded lad, would love to see him get on the score sheet, his performances have deserved it.

Question is, if he does come back in, is it straight swap for delf on the left and the rest of the side the same, or one or two changes which brings Maddison in too?

• Members
1 minute ago, desperado said:

But it does look like Dapo will be back in. He does come across as a nice, well grounded lad, would love to see him get on the score sheet, his performances have deserved it.

Question is, if he does come back in, is it straight swap for delf on the left and the rest of the side the same, or one or two changes which brings Maddison in too?

Gilks

jones baps Santos john

Lee Williams

Fonz

Isgrove  Dapo

Doyle

I think Zebbidy And Maddison are certainly knocking on the door to start and I think they would be good starters if we’re looking to fly out of the traps 

I think we’ll be a bit conservative, not have knee jerk reactions and make too many changes

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Gilks

jones baps Santos john

Lee Williams

Fonz

Isgrove  Dapo

Doyle

I think Zebbidy And Maddison are certainly knocking on the door to start and I think they would be good starters if we’re looking to fly out of the traps 

I think we’ll be a bit conservative, not have knee jerk reactions and make too many changes

Rudy, Id be really interested to know why you consider Fonz worthy of a starting place, instead of Dapo, George or Arthur, who all work much harder and actually influence games far more often that the occasional ten minute cameos that Fonz delivers? I don’t question his ability, just the fact that for me he doesn’t use it enough, which is probably why he’s in L2.

Edited by Whitesince63

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Rudy, Id be really interested to know why you consider Fonz worthy of a starting place, instead of Dapo, George or Arthur, who all work much harder and actually influence games far more often that the occasional ten minute cameos that Fonz delivers? I don’t question his ability, just the fact that for me he doesn’t use it enough, which is probably why he’s in L2.

I don’t think he should but I think he will , I’ve not seen enough quality from him in the last 5/6 games.

I think he’s lacking in identity, is he a winger? A  no. 10? A hold up man, what are we relying on him to do as in his role?

If Sarc was fit id have Dapo Sarc and Isgrove as the three behind Doyle 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don’t think he should but I think he will , I’ve not seen enough quality from him in the last 5/6 games.

I think he’s lacking in identity, is he a winger? A  no. 10? A hold up man, what are we relying on him to do as in his role?

If Sarc was fit id have Dapo Sarc and Isgrove as the three behind Doyle 

Yes, it’s a puzzle and frustration because he’s probably got more ability than anyone else in the squad but the fact remains that he’s regularly anonymous and the first to be hooked, so it’s a puzzle why IE continues to start him rather than use him as a sub. I think the answer to your question about where he plays, is that he isn’t particularly productive in any of the roles but can still play them all to some point. Without Sarcevic, we are really missing a genuine No10 so it’s probably one for Ian to sort in the summer.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yes, it’s a puzzle and frustration because he’s probably got more ability than anyone else in the squad but the fact remains that he’s regularly anonymous and the first to be hooked, so it’s a puzzle why IE continues to start him rather than use him as a sub. I think the answer to your question about where he plays, is that he isn’t particularly productive in any of the roles but can still play them all to some point. Without Sarcevic, we are really missing a genuine No10 so it’s probably one for Ian to sort in the summer.

Think if you have a number 10 he has to be a number 10, can’t be using a winger to fill in for role. You have to cement that role and we only have one. Maddison has shades of it. I thought Fonz would have been perfect for it but he can go missing which you can’t do. It’s Sarc’s natural position and our team is set up to play around him. I think Isgrove could work there.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

No end product. 

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Fonz will start because of his height in defending set pieces. I'm not a fan of his at all so wouldn't personally start him but if we get 3 points, i couldn't give a toss who plays

They could have 11 Nicky Hunts as long as we get 3 points. FWIW I like Fonz but he has been poor recently- can see Sarc on the bench tomorrow 

These lot aren't going to park the bus - hopefully they're thinking of their summer holidays.....

End to end game sees us on top......

BWFC 3

Harrogate Town 1

The Promotion Party is back on the tracks....

COYFWM

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, jeep said:

These lot aren't going to park the bus - hopefully they're thinking of their summer holidays.....

BWFC 3

Harrogate Town 1

COYFWM

But let’s give one or two others something to talk about.

How will the teams around us get on? If they lose against lower opposition then that’s why we move up a place, not because we gain points.

• Moderators
On 08/04/2021 at 11:59, captainmed said:

FFS just don't reply to these provocative child like individuals.  

Its half term week. 

Mods, do yer jobs......

Historically, we've just put people who make it all about themselves on "Mod Preview" so that only pertinent posts get approved. That's how the site has made it to what, 25 years old?

However when we do that, we get accused of being Hitlers. So I just can't be arsed. Putting people on ignore serves the same purpose.

1 hour ago, jeep said:

BWFC 3

Harrogate Town 1

COYFWM

For all teams in a run in making a strong start and playing with confidence is key. For Harrogate more than most playing at our ground will be incentive to give 100% and enjoy the day out ! 
I struggle with the number 10 role, no obvious replacement for Sarc and can not imagine IE changing system. 
The one worry I do have is how teams seem to adopt to our style and second half becomes a struggle (strange we have scored more late goals than anyone else in league) be great to put the game to bed. 

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Historically, we've just put people who make it all about themselves on "Mod Preview" so that only pertinent posts get approved. That's how the site has made it to what, 25 years old?

However when we do that, we get accused of being Hitlers. So I just can't be arsed. Putting people on ignore serves the same purpose.

Good idea, use the pause button, you wouldn’t want to hear from posters with a different view to you would you?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Good idea, use the pause button, you wouldn’t want to hear from posters with a different view to you would you?

Life is to short to spend time reading drivel. I honestly don't give a fuck what most people think, it lacks any context. Why people waste their time moaning non-stop, I don't know.

37 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Life is to short to spend time reading drivel. I honestly don't give a fuck what most people think, it lacks any context. Why people waste their time moaning non-stop, I don't know.

Why do people fall out? I don't get it we all want the same thing don't we? No need to fall out because you have a different opinion that's what makes these forums interesting surely 🤔 or am I being nieve 😳

3 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Why do people fall out? I don't get it we all want the same thing don't we? No need to fall out because you have a different opinion that's what makes these forums interesting surely 🤔 or am I being nieve 😳

Hallelujah, common sense at least. 😇

Jesus what a joyous read those last few pages were

how anyone can get wound up by what is written on here is beyond me. 

I have my opinion on things do I care if people agree? Do I fuck. I also see things I disagree with. Should those posters care? Should they fuck. 

we all see the game and the team differently. If we didn’t this site wouldn’t exist. I’ve better things to do then take or make anything personal. Get the boozers open so every fucker can fill there time with something else to do. Getting too fucking hormonal this gaff

anyway, 2-0. Should’ve been more. People will agree it should’ve been others will say it was fair. 

crack on