Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

That second half is a very big deal in our season. Half time we'd gone 270 odd minutes without a goal and it felt like it was all slipping away. Not now! And yet again all the sides around us have failed (Morecambe still playing but 1-0 down)

On current form 76 could be enough for third. Goal difference has become less of a concern. The form of Tranmere, Morecambe and Forest Green has been a godsend. I imagine one of them will pick up... but if we get 9 or 10 from our last six it might just be enough.

They deserved to win the first half 1-0 and we deserved the 2-0 second half. My nerves are shot! Thomason made all the difference for me, that lad has something about him and I’m delighted that Evatt made the change when he did. Let’s go again on Tuesday evening. COYWM. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Not sure I get the Dapo hate

His end product has been poor but he's tried to get involved and has looked lively 2nd half

Anyway fucking yessssssssss

Funny today, as he improved dramatically second half with the change in formation. 

Looked a threat, and I thought he was playing as well as he had all game when he was subbed. That said, he does need more end product.

We weren't improved by replacing dapo and isgrove, but by then we were in front and the opposition were bound to have a go past few minutes. 

We defended those set pieces pretty well- keeper coming to the rescue on a couple of occasions.

That'll do nicely. Great that I.E acted swiftly and made the change at half time , it was a different game altogether when Thomason plugged the chasm in midfield , although Harrogate ( and their Throws) caused our back line more problems than they have faced for a few months. Sadly the Maddison experiment just hasn't worked at all , even though today was a real opportunity for him to stake a claim. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nobody was good today, Isgrove and Thomason were okay 2nd half, all well below par, so he just shaded it because he (Jones) put a shift in down that right hand side.

I like Jones, he's a solid lad who doesn't shirk.

Also like the partnership with Isgrove, who also works hard. Of course we still need more from the wide men, but for me these two are our best on the right.

The first goal- watch carefully; Doyle throws a foot at it which I think just distracts their keeper enough for it to trickle past.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We won you miserable cunt! Enjoy your evening.

23 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I’ll ask you once and only once, please refrain from calling me a cunt again.

22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fuck off you cunt! Enjoy the winning feeling!

Ooh, Cheese has pwned you to fuck there! No response?

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

His end product has been poor but he's tried to get involved and has looked lively 2nd half

I think he is lacking a bit confidence because of not scoring so it is the classic trying too hard. A few times went past his man but was constantly then running into another man or trying a clever pass when an easier ball was one.

Age and experience but look at the difference between Doyle's goal and Dapos effort. Think he will come good. 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Wouldn’t say there’s hate

no end product as of yet imo he offers very little