Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

Dapo’s performances have definitely dropped a level the last few games. He’ll get picked over Arthur to start but Arthur should be breathing down his neck now when given the opportunity 

back 4 set in stone 

Thomason in until Sarce returns then he and Isgrove dependant on who and where we play 

no other funny business 

• Site Supporter

Funny game, 1st half was poor but at least we got a kick from 30 mins onwards on Doyle could/should have sent us in level.

2nd half, not loads better but enough better. Don't care if we scored because of mistakes. We were good enough to make the most of their errors, balls to the rest.

1 win in our next 2 aways will give us enough to get the required points in last 4. 2 wins will break the heart of them behind.

Can't disagree with GT as mom. He's improved out of the team. Obviously works his tits off to make it as a pro without naturally being the most gifted. Something I believe the late Gary Speed did. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Walkden White said:

Subs at half time for me. Dapo and Maddison off with Thomason and Delf on.

Bloody great call 👏

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Come on Mr Evatt, time to earn ya corn

And I reckon he certainly did. Great response from IE and the team 2nd half

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Quicker tempo 

when we pass the ball quicker we look far better and the opposition can’t deal with it 

Spot on and I reckon Thomason in the 2nd half was a key part of this 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I assume we all want to credit Evatt with sorting this out?

”they need a rocket”

”hook Maddison”

Or do we have to harp on about the fact we take a while to get going still?

90 minutes

90 fucking minutes.

Absolutely. Not many of us were disagreeing with team selection at 2pm, but he recognised the need to change and made all the correct changes, personnel wise and tactically. Always give it 90 mins before making definitive comments about what the scoreline means. 

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

George Thomason take a bow. Evatt take a bow. 

And finally what a revelation this young lad has been. The 18 year old is an absolute beacon of professionalism  with his attitude, performance and character. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nobody was good today, Isgrove and Thomason were okay 2nd half, all well below par, so he just shaded it because he (Jones) put a shift in down that right hand side.

Thought he was one of the worst culprits with the ball myself 

Also think Radcliffe severely underestimates how much Dapo helps us by drawing in their men freeing up space for others as well as carrying the ball when it’s not sticking elsewhere. Granted final product isn’t great but it’s no worse than the other options - MM / Delf / Isgrove

All opinions tho eh

Bloody hell that was a shit performance all round but we won. Can't smile yet although I've seen the table, too stressed out. Too casual from the off, lazy cunts.

Did the moment get to them? Did they choke?

Not what I expected, but typical BWFC... we'll probably play a blinder on Tuesday (better had)

Just now, desperado said:

Bloody great call 👏

And I reckon he certainly did. Great response from IE and the team 2nd half

Spot on and I reckon Thomason in the 2nd half was a key part of this 

Absolutely. Not many of us were disagreeing with team selection at 2pm, but he recognised the need to change and made all the correct changes, personnel wise and tactically. Always give it 90 mins before making definitive comments about what the scoreline means. 

And finally what a revelation this young lad has been. The 18 year old is an absolute beacon of professionalism  with his attitude, performance and character. 

Yep kudos to IE. Great half time job

at that point it’s all you can ask, and what o like about him is that on an ongoing basis he seems to “see what we see”. That’s not always a good thing but he’s not too stubborn to react and change like he seemed the first 3 months of the season

Kudos to the manager 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Eavesy said:

Evatt getting a lot of credit.

hmmm. It was his strange choice of team from the start that put us on our arse. 

I liked his team from the off tbf, Hindsight is wonderful and we all have our starting 11 but I was happy with what he started with.

Made the right calls at the right time though

@desperado Thomason is 20 pal, not 18. I think he's top class though. His running technique is awkward but it doesn't matter to me. He works hard and is an intelligent footballer. Rarely panics and makes good composed decisions in possession. Him vs Maddison is like chalk and cheese.

He reminds me of Chris Basham a bit, not sure why. I think its his understated style of play, goes under the radar sometimes but was invaluable today. He can play with both feet, accurate passer and decent control. He'll be learning loads from Kieran Lee no doubt. MOTM by a mile.

• Members
2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

His team selections in the last 3 games have been poor IMO but he needs credit for pulling that useless get off at half time. 

That will be the easiest decision he’s had to make all season 

Pretty lucky to still be in the game going into the second half. 

Maddison was poor, again, but so was everybody else. Don't think he was the worst though 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it previously, but in the first half Harrogate pressed us aggressively and we couldn't cope at all. Second half they seemed to back off and give us more time on the ball - the number of times Santos was allowed to stroll into their half highlighted this. Maybe their players were just too knackered after their first half efforts?

Anyway, another hard fought and slightly fortuitous victory, which I'll take every game. Results gone our way again and we're definitely getting some luck these last few weeks. Just need to make sure we take advantage. It's really ours to throw away now.