Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yep kudos to IE. Great half time job

at that point it’s all you can ask, and what o like about him is that on an ongoing basis he seems to “see what we see”. That’s not always a good thing but he’s not too stubborn to react and change like he seemed the first 3 months of the season

Kudos to the manager 

Good call. I’m not one for managers having to agree with the fan choice, because as has been proved earlier on in the season, when the likes of Baptiste, Santos and unbelievably Doyle were popularly being called to be replaced he correctly stuck to his opinion based on what he believed or what he was seeing in training. And when results are not going your way he was getting criticised. Where is @Johnnyrotten by the way not seen him for a while 😊

But when he’s seeing what we see and selects the sides we want to see and makes the changes we want to see, there’s some mutual satisfaction that we are all on the same page.

That could well be the biggest 3 points of the season. Build from here, continue to get results and we’ll be up automatically by May 👏

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

That will be the easiest decision he’s had to make all season 

Surprised he waited until half time. Anyway well done IE and please start Tuesday with the players that started the 2nd half. We also need to keep a high tempo going forward if we go a goal in front; we seem to panic for the rest of the game

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good call. I’m not one for managers having to agree with the fan choice, because as has been proved earlier on in the season, when the likes of Baptiste, Santos and unbelievably Doyle were popularly being called to be replaced he correctly stuck to his opinion based on what he believed or what he was seeing in training. And when results are not going your way he was getting criticised. Where is @Johnnyrotten by the way not seen him for a while 😊

But when he’s seeing what we see and selects the sides we want to see and makes the changes we want to see, there’s some mutual satisfaction that we are all on the same page.

That could well be the biggest 3 points of the season. Build from here, continue to get results and we’ll be up automatically by May 👏

Tuesday is HUGE, it’s a massive 6 pointer

• Site Supporter

Never mind Maddison being shite, flip it on its head. 

We're the players expecting too much of him, looking to find him all the time because they've seen what he can do in training?

I don't know. Its unfair to pin the blame on MM though. He was no worse than Dapo or Isgrove 1st half. 

I don't think any of our outfield players were even ok 1st half. MM ain't a scapegoat for me and I ain't written him off

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Never mind Maddison being shite, flip it on its head. 

We're the players expecting too much of him, looking to find him all the time because they've seen what he can do in training?

I don't know. Its unfair to pin the blame on MM though. He was no worse than Dapo or Isgrove 1st half. 

I don't think any of our outfield players were even ok 1st half. MM ain't a scapegoat for me and I ain't written him off

Evatt knows best, but I suspect that'll be the last we see of Maddison. He doesn't do himself any favours with the dramatics when he get's fouled. I just don't think he fits into this squad, especially in League 2. He's either a level above us, or he's trying too hard. I've no hard feelings against him, but from what he's shown, we're just not the right time or place for him.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Tuesday is HUGE, it’s a massive 6 pointer

You are right. But I suppose every game (which is bloody brilliant as a fan) has massive repercussions on how our season finishes now. I’m thinking positively, in that when we retrospectively look back at results at the end of the season, the draws/wins we get in these last 7 to get us to promotion, started today with these massive 3 points. Had we not got them it may not have laid the foundation to set our stall out for automatic promotion.

THE WHITES ARE GOING UP 👏

Edited by desperado
Because I’m pissed, not making sense