Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

If you don’t like what someone’s saying bang them on ignore. Fucking simple 

it’s like Twitter where someone claims to hate a certain celebrity yet follows them. 

rather than looking at the positives people would rather dig out the negatives and certain posters 

have a day off FFS 

8 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yes, this could be the day both Mads and the team do well. 3-0 to the Whites and no finger nail biting.

I think the Maddison experiment needs to be terminated. Piss poor again today.

So it’s been a couple of years 

Clayton powis still a racist ?

are there any new , leaving aside the many many cunts who were here before , cunts  or people who get offended over easily ?

say by being called a cunt .

and yes I know I’m one🙄

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Nobody was good today, Isgrove and Thomason were okay 2nd half, all well below par, so he just shaded it because he (Jones) put a shift in down that right hand side.

It wasn't just what Thomason did, it was what he enabled others to do. 

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

• Site Supporter

Definitely didn’t expect them to come out of the blocks quite as quickly as they did. I don’t think the team did, despite his after match comment that they were warned. It’s easy to claim with 20/20 hindsight.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Never mind Maddison being shite, flip it on its head. 

We're the players expecting too much of him, looking to find him all the time because they've seen what he can do in training?

I don't know. Its unfair to pin the blame on MM though. He was no worse than Dapo or Isgrove 1st half. 

I don't think any of our outfield players were even ok 1st half. MM ain't a scapegoat for me and I ain't written him off

Thanks for saying that, they are my thoughts... he was no more shitter than the others in the first half and I thought his free kick and corner was superior to our recent performances.

I still believe there is a good footballer and BWFC servant in there

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it previously, but in the first half Harrogate pressed us aggressively and we couldn't cope at all. Second half they seemed to back off and give us more time on the ball - the number of times Santos was allowed to stroll into their half highlighted this. Maybe their players were just too knackered after their first half efforts?

We seemed to kick off with an assumption it was going to be another of those games of patience like Barrow and (to an extent) Colchester, their positive attitude and aggression from the off caught us badly on the hop. Cambridge set the bar for positivity and high tempo from minute 1 but we've been nowhere near that since for some reason, need to start getting out the traps a lot smarter. 

Second half was better and step up in workrate and pressing forced them back and into mistakes they'd advertised late in first half. The lad Jones, their left back, was a good 'un by the way. 

Thomason was very unlucky not to be starting after last week's performance and, having been trusted in that game and delivered, it must have sent him some confusing messages. I get the sense though that he's a young lad who's smart enough and mature enough to have dealt with it, he turned the game today and shouldn't in such doubt about his place in future, even up against Lee or MJ, never mind Maddison. 

I wanted Maddison to do well, again, hoped he'd have a good game, mix a few bits of magic with some solid play within the structure. After 40 minutes I'd seen enough unfortunately. Reminded me of the frustration / annoyance of watching Beckford when he was with us.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I like Dapo, looked disinterested first half, maybe that was because Harrogates tactics were excellent,  second half he had more of the ball, drew a couple of fouls, but if ever a player needs a goal its this lad.

He's been a pass short for a couple of games, hanging onto the ball rather than looking up and looking for the runner. Trying to do it all himself. Needs that goal.

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Declan wasn't at the races today; improved second half though with the introduction of Thomason

Started off brightly when he first signed. Gone off the boil a bit since. Wouldn't mind trying out Ben Jackson again.

One thing I've noticed with Declan John is that he is extremely one-footed.

6 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

We seemed to kick off with an assumption it was going to be another of those games of patience like Barrow and (to an extent) Colchester, their positive attitude and aggression from the off caught us badly on the hop. Cambridge set the bar for positivity and high tempo from minute 1 but we've been nowhere near that since for some reason, need to start getting out the traps a lot smarter. 

Hoping Tuesday will see us start with such intensity and be on the front foot straight away 🤞 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It wasn't just what Thomason did, it was what he enabled others to do. 

Absolutely. Made the team tick.

Hard work is a pre requisite and it didn't seem that they all were up for it first half. He came on, they'd obviously had a bollocking, and the game was changed.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Started off brightly when he first signed. Gone off the boil a bit since. Wouldn't mind trying out Ben Jackson again.

One thing I've noticed with Declan John is that he is extremely one-footed.

I don't think he's so much gone off, just realised he's playing with L2 players. 

If we can get up and sign 3 or 4 better quality than we have right now, he'd push on again.

To be honest, even if we go up, I think we'd struggle to keep him. Whoever goes up from L1, I'd expect at least 1 to look towards him as well as 1 or 2 other lower champ clubs

45 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

exeter at home , 1st may , harvester beer garden

love in or major dust up ?

Are we back in the ground?

Bloody big bun fight and then off to the match together as best of mates

Sounds good to me

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

I don't think he's so much gone off, just realised he's playing with L2 players. 

If we can get up and sign 3 or 4 better quality than we have right now, he'd push on again.

To be honest, even if we go up, I think we'd struggle to keep him. Whoever goes up from L1, I'd expect at least 1 to look towards him as well as 1 or 2 other lower champ clubs

Yeah I don't want to be too harsh on him, he's been an important player for us. Just don't think he's been as influential as he was in the first few starts he had, same with Dapo to be honest but you can't expect them to be in top form every week.

• Site Supporter

I'm not sure players have got worse as such, just that during this good run, teams have had to work out ways of playing against us.

For the most part that hasn't worked, but on occasions or for part of game it has. That's for the players on the field to realise and work out, and also for IE to change things accordingly. 

So far, so good.