Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Be interested to hear of the few that you do think could hold their own.

My certainties would be Santos, MJ and Lee as I stated above.

Think several in the current squad would be decent L1 squad players but not as comfortable as those 3.

Several would able to play at L1 level, but if we want to be top 10, we'd need quite a few new players.

Of today's squad, I wouldn't want to rely on Gilks, Jones, Baptiste, Maddison, Isgrove, Dapo, Delfouneso, Tutte, Miller, Brockbank, Gnahoua or Elbouzedi to deliver a top 10 finish.

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Management will be fine L1. Many of the team will be fine l1 which is great if that's where we want to be.

Fortunately we are not dangerously poor anywhere so as long as we make subtle improvements, we can push the higher end of L1.

Let's just get up then think about L1 from there though. Loads of work to do 1st

Sorry to even go there, lets complete the job in hand and keep the core of the team intact.

Too much fermented french grape juice and red meat flowing in my system to be sensible tonight

Promotion out of this poor league was always a demand and we shouldn’t have even been discussing not doing it

As regards L1, that is a much much bigger problem and if we are to hold our own then we have to thank Evatt and 90% of the current squad for their efforts and move them on and find a decent L1 management team and players to at least survive and not come straight back down

2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Promotion out of this poor league was always a demand and we shouldn’t have even been discussing not doing it

As regards L1, that is a much much bigger problem and if we are to hold our own then we have to thank Evatt and 90% of the current squad for their efforts and move them on and find a decent L1 management team and players to at least survive and not come straight back down

Jesus 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Who are these decent L1 management teams of who you speak O wisened one? 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

TBF Cheese he was responding to others who were discussing League 1

Fair enough. I was too busy celebrating our win to keep up with whatever miserable hole he was diving down.

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Parkinson was a decent/ish league 1 manager, would you want someone like him? I fucking wouldn't you weapon

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Sorry to even go there, lets complete the job in hand and keep the core of the team intact.

Too much fermented french grape juice and red meat flowing in my system to be sensible tonight

Stuff the EU, go Aussie

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Most obvious WUM ever.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Talking of gingers how do we go about changing Doyles wiki picture it blags my head every week when I recheck his goal tally. 😁

fantastic win today COYWM 

Jesus they sprayed that shirt on?😂

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, desperado said:

You’ve got to love Thomason, booting it back into the net after Doyle’s winner 😂

He was just making sure 😁.... And Doyle screaming "FUCKING YES!" after the equaliser, exactly like most of us did. I love them all.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
6 minutes ago, desperado said:

You’ve got to love Thomason, booting it back into the net after Doyle’s winner 😂

Gotta make sure it crossed the line  😂

Edited by Rudy