Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Harrogate Town

Ratwhite

• Members
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Pity it didn't work last week, but Thomason shows passion and by the fuck we have needed that for some years.

That lad is gonna be a fan favourite, just need a good song for him, one with the words 'concrete head' in the lyrics 😁

🎶 Geoge Thomason has gotta concrete head, a concrete head 🎶🎶🎶

He’s brilliant. really enjoy watching him play, full of confidence, no problem taking on a player, no problem flying into a tackle, works his bollocks off. Alright in my book

Just now, Mr Grey said:

He is getting better, and even when he's dropped he doesn't sulk, just gets straight back at it, we need 11 George Thomasons, gonna be a fan favourite this lad.

He will play every game now, or until Sarcevic is fit. I doubt Evatt will gamble with the likes of Maddison.

Agree with that Mr G, George was the difference today when he came on, his range of passing is phenomenal and he really gets stuck in. I think he really lifted and motivated the team when he came on and like you I’d have no problem playing him in all the remaining games. Hugely disappointed with Maddison, really isn’t helping himself and I’m also not sure we’ll see him again.

• Members

First half we were poor, I said to @Cheese it’s the lack of passing and movement, think he said it can’t just be that and to a degree it was but the second balls in the first we just didn’t win, second half we won it all and looked comfortable 

Fair fuckin play to IE coming out and taking ownership that he picked the wrong team, takes bollocks to do that, lead from the front, love that. 

Thommo made the difference, no sideways passing, got it, turned out, looked forward, so positive, urgent, penetrative. I would love to see his passing stats today.

MJ Williams was brilliant today, covered so much space, first half they were all over us, we struggled with a 442, but for me Williams is the main man, he’s absolutely integral to this side and squad. 

I don't think Madison lacks effort but what he tries just isn't coming off........but the bigger problem is that he just doesn't fit in with our style of play even if he was playing well himself. MM's instinct will always be to go for the spectacular pass/shot but IE is building a side that depends on teamwork.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in a Bolton shirt again......i'd rather have a spare keeper on the bench.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

imagine if we hadn't dropped 5 points over easter.

Imagine if Evans hadn’t sliced Holdens knee

Imagine if Holdsworth had hit that shot under the bar

Imagine if we’d got a few more points and made it to the champions league 

What’s the point in wondering? We are where we are and the table will tell us how we did in a few games time.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

With his back pack on! 😂 Do you reckon it’s got his lunch box in 😂

I love the way he manages to talk about how ineffective we were in the first half without it coming across as it needed someone like him that needed to come on and make the difference. 

“Focus on ourselves and look after our business, that’ll be enough, we can’t control what anyone else does” 

Horwich had better close his ears, this lad is going to play a key part in taking us to where we want to be.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, desperado said:

I love the way he manages to talk about how ineffective we were in the first half without it coming across as it needed someone like him that needed to come on and make the difference. 

“Focus on ourselves and look after our business, that’ll be enough, we can’t control what anyone else does” 

Horwich had better close his ears, this lad is going to play a key part in taking us to where we want to be.

He's fucking brilliant in every possible way.

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Just a lovely normal lad who obviously loves his football, good engine, good passer, doesn’t shy a tackle, like someone said earlier a real old school type of player, gonna have a very good career. 

Long day on the lash today centered around watching our game obvs,feel nice & chilled now but fuck me we're not an easy watch of late. Gotta love Thommo though, great attitude & a top lad. We're going up auto, roll on Tuesday COYFWM

Edited by Burndens Bogs

8 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Fucking superstar that lad, he just reiterated Evatts words really, but shows he is listening, gotta be one of the first names on the teamsheet for the last 6 games, he is refreshing and passionate and full of energy and has a great attitude, he will definitely get young player of the season. 

And what a haircut, Definitely Maybe all over it 👌

He could well become a superstar Mr G and our problem may be keeping hold of him, another reason why we have to get back up the leagues ASAP.

42 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Very slow and lethargic first half.

maddison just doesn’t fit in, diving around always trying Hollywood balls.

thought we looked more composed second half, Thomason really brought the midfield to life .

great results as well, 6 to go.......

Think lethargic is the most accurate summary. They started very fast and were unlucky to keep it going. Thomason made a difference. Think based on today he has to start at least until Sarc is fit.

Om Maddison although he was poor they did seem to be happy to boot him in the air every time he had the ball. 

Take the points onto Salford. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Morizio said:

For the winner, Fonz is at left back when their attack fizzles, he is then integral to the press that leads to the mistake by Hall that Doyle clinically finishes. 

He’s quite rightly been criticised lately. But I do feel he’s one of those players who we benefit from having on the pitch, we tend to look a better side with him in than out.

My nieces fella (now with Burnley coaching staff, previously at Blackpool when Fonz was there) said his work rate in training was exceptional, he was a real role-model, led by example and was a really intelligent player on the pitch. This seems to go against the opinion that’s cropped up about him lately (lazy, doesn’t get involved etc etc).

But there has to be good reason why IE along with other managers have rated him and picked him as a regular starter.

I see him being back in the side Tuesday 

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

He could well become a superstar Mr G and our problem may be keeping hold of him, another reason why we have to get back up the leagues ASAP.

He's no Kevin De Bruyne, but he's a decent little player for the lower leagues imo. GT is lucky to have us and is obviously thrilled to be here,i don't think Georgie Porjy will ever get a bigger gig than BWFC.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

28 minutes ago, Ani said:

Think lethargic is the most accurate summary. They started very fast and were unlucky to keep it going. Thomason made a difference. Think based on today he has to start at least until Sarc is fit.

Om Maddison although he was poor they did seem to be happy to boot him in the air every time he had the ball. 

Take the points onto Salford. 

You using this profile today ratchet 😎