Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Eating out

little whitt

16 hours ago, little whitt said:

do Bolton not have street cleaners no more 

all the Work Shy Cunts On Benefits 

should be made to pick litter for at least 10hrs a week 

and it would get them fit too 

Every town used to have them but by not employing any they save around 60k a year, every town now has these groups of litter pickers which is commendable, but, it means local council's will never employ litter pickers again, are these groups going to do it indefinitely?

All fast food/drive through outlets should be forced to write car registrations on food cartons then the dirty tramps can be traced when they chuck it out of their car window

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

People are going to eat outside? Or are these places doing something clever with the rules so you’re not “outside”?

The Cherry Tree have got marquees covering most of their outdoor space. Walked past on Friday and they’ve made a really big effort, looks good.

But, it’s going to need some decent weather. It’s breezy up there at the best of times and they have to keep the sides open.

Not sure I’d want to fork out £100+ for a meal and wine etc. Whilst say in my jumper and coat listening to traffic roaring past.

Cheers chaps. Guess we are lucky by the sounds of it as we can eat indoors From 26th and drink outside. If the weather is good then eating al fresco is great but weather like this weekend? Not sure I would have got the food through my scarf to eat outside. 

let’s hope it warms up for all those spending good money to eat out. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Cheers chaps. Guess we are lucky by the sounds of it as we can eat indoors From 26th and drink outside. If the weather is good then eating al fresco is great but weather like this weekend? Not sure I would have got the food through my scarf to eat outside. 

let’s hope it warms up for all those spending good money to eat out. 

Should be ok with heaters 

And layers

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

I’ll be having pints.

I’m sure it will be lovely pal. I will be having outdoor beers but I will eat outside only when it’s sunny and really warm otherwise it’s not for me.  I’m not that desperate  to eat out that I’m prepared to sit in a 20 man tent with a hot air blower on 😎

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m sure it will be lovely pal. I will be having outdoor beers but I will eat outside only when it’s sunny and really warm otherwise it’s not for me.  I’m not that desperate  to eat out that I’m prepared to sit in a 20 man tent with a hot air blower on 😎

Dis 

pint outdoors, yes. Expensive food with a patio heater burning one half of your face, no. Not for me.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

Dis 

pint outdoors, yes. Expensive food with a patio heater burning one half of your face, no. Not for me.

It is good that we have the choice though that’s the main thing.  It’s a huge step forward from what we have now and for those that are that way inclined it’s great. 

58 minutes ago, Spider said:

Dis 

You haven’t been able to get in anywhere then?

😁

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

You haven’t been able to get in anywhere then?

😁

Au contraire, I’ve been invited to the Cherry Tree this Thursday, but I’m just not prepared to drink red wine at outdoor temperatures.

Plus, I’ve knocked booze on the head during the week 😁

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

If after 10 pints someone put a burger in front of you you’d eat it outside or not😀

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If after 10 pints someone put a burger in front of you you’d eat it outside or not😀

If I’d managed 10 pints it would be by virtue of having a bag in my pocket so there would be no burger I assure you  😁And no bag would see me likely arrested by about 7 pints for being a nuisance. So again no burger 😎

Edited by Escobarp