Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Torn Retina

MancWanderer

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Mrs Manc had been mithering me for a couple of years about prostate test. Her viewpoint was why was I ignoring it when she was having someone sticking all sorts up her flue every year to test for cervical cancer. She was fucking gutted when my prostate test was a blood test rather than someone’s finger up my hoop. I paid privately. Cost about £100

I have an annual medical for my hobby/sport flying.

A few years ago the medical examiner told me the finger insertion bit was now optional, I replied that if I was paying over £100 I wanted the full monty. He doesn't ask anymore, tells me to roll over and snaps the the marigold on 

Used to get it as part of the service in a place in walkden we used to frequent. 

louisa street of memory serves me correct. Can’t remember the name of the place. 

Was 30 quid all in including a finger up the arse. Bargain 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thanks for the info, the doctor said that blood tests are inconclusive and if they found anything it would mean an invasive procedure to check prostate that’s why he didn’t offer PSA.  I’m presuming it was a PSA test?  As a matter of interest what private provider did you go to arrange the Prostate test? 

It was Check4Cancer

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Just having a brew and honestly have no idea why but googled for it - was it Seventh Heaven?

I don’t think so but I am talking 20+ years ago. Kelly’s rings a bell

@royal whiteknocking shop in Walkden used to be on Louisa street what was it called? 

ernest hope you had private browsing on mate 👀

Edited by Escobarp