Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buying a house

Spider

• Site Supporter

There’s absolutely fuck all for sale.

Can sell mine quick enough, but at the minute most houses are in huge demand. Asked about one today and they had 18 viewings booked in.

Any visionaries on here fancy giving me an idea if things are going to change later this year?

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Can sell mine quick enough, but at the minute most houses are in huge demand. Asked about one today and they had 18 viewings booked in.

Any visionaries on here fancy giving me an idea if things are going to change later this year?

True, our mutual friend has run out of houses to sell.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Yes once furlough stops and the bubble that’s created be plenty on the market I imagine. HTH

Good

Its genuinely shocking how little there is on the market. I’d have thought all the Covid GET DEAD mob disappearing and the divorces would have flooded the estate agents.

All the divorces to come. It’s all inextricably linked. husband ain’t fucking off til he knows his jobs safe etc. and if he gets potted she will boot him out. 

stay patient. 

but move to a decent area as well. Some cracking houses in the village 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Mum and Dad sold theirs as they wanted to downsize to a bungalow. Sold their house 10k more than what they wanted. Estate agent said they've never sold a house as quick. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

All the divorces to come. It’s all inextricably linked. husband ain’t fucking off til he knows his jobs safe etc. and if he gets potted she will boot him out. 

stay patient. 

but move to a decent area as well. Some cracking houses in the village 

They take the piss out of LL but houses are snapped up in less than 24hrs. 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

We have actually been looking around Horwich today as we are looking to sell. Our preference is Adlington, Chorley area but you’re right. Very little for sale and lots of sold signs with ‘sold in 14 days’ on them. If we put ours up and it sells quickly, where do we go? 

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

I could sell tomorrow but got nowhere to live then.

Even the new builds down near RMI only have the show home left and that’ll be gone next week in all likelihood.

Shite

Lostock lane got a new huge patch of new builds ready to be built 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Lostock lane got a new huge patch of new builds ready to be built 

Looked at them. They seemed a bit cheap considering location. Turns out they’re pretty small inside. Mainly 3 bed gaffs as well which means they can squeeze more in.

I’ve had a new build before and it was dogshit

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Looked at them. They seemed a bit cheap considering location. Turns out they’re pretty small inside. Mainly 3 bed gaffs as well which means they can squeeze more in.

I’ve had a new build before and it was dogshit

Took the dogs around there before, I’m no builder but I thought my word that’s not much land for that many houses

A few for sale on Regent road. We could be neighbours, keys in a bowl, pop down to the garage for a smoke, perv on my cougar neighbour 

Edited by Rudy

17 minutes ago, Spider said:

Interestingly three people at working moving next week, all from central London into places like Woking, Brighton...

The biggest drop has been in London. God, I hope it lasts and people move further into the sticks.

46 minutes ago, Spider said:

What are you looking for?