Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buying a house

Spider

15 hours ago, Spider said:

I need something bigger.

finding the right pad is hard at the best of times. Right now, it looks nigh on impossible.

anything around £400k would have bagged a decent gaff once upon a time. Not now

like i said ive just painted one coming up for sale soon one of them on the hill on way out of horwich COR views of rivi from the back 

44 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Toxteth is one-up on Horwich...

It's only in such demand as bigots clamour to move there to be among 'their own'.

20210409-131130.jpg

Only in very rare exceptions, if your postcode begins BL you're probably a mere shatterstone's throw from a rough-ish area, FACT.

Westhoughton birds need a good Wash 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

he was in the year above me at St Josephs

was notorious for doing magic mushrooms when we were about 13, think he may have overdosed once and had a week off school, something like that

edit: my brother says it was a different lad, and said overdose happened at school during a lesson, anyway, lad above was always a wrong un

I thought the 'overdose' may have been the reason he was still dressing like a teenager (of the 90's) whilst pushing forty...

I didn't know an overdose of psychedelics was possible, especially mushrooms - I thought the excess just got puked and/or shat out.

More likely he couldn't hack them.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I thought the 'overdose' may have been the reason he was still dressing like a teenager (of the 90's) whilst pushing forty...

I didn't know an overdose of psychedelics was possible, especially mushrooms - I thought the excess just got puked and/or shat out.

Think you can just trip really bad

• Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Aka being a weak-minded fanny.

Of all the hallucinogenics I’ve taken I’ve never had a bad trip never freaked out.  Took Peyote in California and I couldn’t decide if I was alive or dead 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Yeah, overdose meant being in a bad way during a lesson at school, we were dead young so probably the best way to describe it, the week off was probably suspension rather than recovery

22 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Toxteth is one-up on Horwich...

It's only in such demand as bigots clamour to move there to be among 'their own'.

20210409-131130.jpg

Only in very rare exceptions, if your postcode begins BL you're probably a mere shatterstone's throw from a rough-ish area, FACT.

Grew up in BL1 - I like to have a mental barrier at the lights opposite the Ainsworth. Past that at it's home sweet home.

It's nowt compared to down here, millionaires living side by side with some of the poorest areas in the country.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Grew up in BL1 - I like to have a mental barrier at the lights opposite the Ainsworth. Past that at it's home sweet home.

It's nowt compared to down here, millionaires living side by side with some of the poorest areas in the country.

Why don't the povo tramps make room for the wealthy, instead of the working northener having to chip in to pay their extortionate housing benefits?

You lived near the Ainsworth Arms? You Halliwell scrubber-dubber.

I saw sommat on telly once and some ageing barrow boy with a glass back was moaning because his landlord had upped his rent to beyond the HB cap, which was a crackers amount iirc about £500+ for this single bloke...

He was bemoaning being moved from the fucking bowbells or whatever to some other area.

Said he'd not fit in, wanted to be among his own etc.

All his (current) neighbours were bourgeois arts twats or corporate cunts who probably hated him equally for different reasons.

All his kind moved to Essex twenty years or more ago.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Smithills my dear man, Smithills..

Every Halliwellian says that...

It must favver Hong Kong the tiny area of Smithills proper.

All the folk who live there.

Be proud of your roots.

Your new circle probably relish it more the scuzzier and grim oopier your background is.

You're off that estate near that flat roof pub near Mere Hall really aren't you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/04/2021 at 19:00, Spider said:

There’s absolutely fuck all for sale.

Can sell mine quick enough, but at the minute most houses are in huge demand. Asked about one today and they had 18 viewings booked in.

Any visionaries on here fancy giving me an idea if things are going to change later this year?

how you getting on pal?

ours went on the market last week, we've had 2 offers alraedy, one couple a cash buyer

we've viewed 3, ones gone and we really like the other, but they have shit loads of viewings

when we first started there was fuck all to buy, like you said

seems to be mopre coming available in our area now