Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scam City At The Moment.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

The Bitcoin lady has asked the Nigerian Prince to process the payment. It will be with you very soon.

You probably just need to provide a few standard details - bank acc number, sort code, mother’s maiden name, name of your first pet, first school, pet’s name etc. 

The Nigerian Prince can fuck off too.

He's not sent the money for the lottery I won. $3,000,000 he said. Not a fucking penny have I seen.

Had a cuntbag on the phone today, told him I was Detective Constable Dimron rom Lincoln CID and asked him for his name and address as I was going to arrest him over the telephone. Soft git hung up.

Can I be done for impersonating a Police Officer?

I had one, Asian fella trying to sell me Virgin Media Remote Control insurance.  

Caller “£50 for the year, Virgin take two weeks to send out, but we can have a replacement remote at your door inside 24hrs”

me “sounds ace, can I give you my bank details please”

Caller ”just let me explain that”  ( I interrupt )

me “no need to explain anything, sounds right up my street this, I need to give you my bank details”

Caller ”ok ok, I’ll put you through to my supervisor”

Me ”Wow, is he very important?, Supervisor eh, I better lose my accent and talk the Queens”

Supervisor gives me all the same bollocks and I interrupt him a couple of times asking if I can give him my bank details and how reassuring having remote control insurance is.

Supervisor  “Ok Mr Breightmet, can you give me the long number across the front of your card”

me “Hang on, do I really need this remote insurance”?

Supervisor “What do you mean Mr Breightmet”?

“Well, I work for Virgin Media and my job is to replace damaged or faulty remote controls in my van, we have to replace them within a 6hr timescale”

• Site Supporter
On 11/04/2021 at 08:15, Mounts Kipper said:

I never answer the land line no one who knows me ever rings the landline, it’s just the route for the internet for me. Very rarely if ever get dodgy calls on my mobile. 

Get rid of it then- can still have broad band.

My brother did precisely that, as he never used his landline. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Get rid of it then- can still have broad band.

My brother did precisely that, as he never used his landline. 

I’m with Virgin and have a broadband/landline package. Called them to cancel the landline because the only folk who phoned were PPI sales, ambulance chasers and my mum. (Mum now calls me on my mobile)

Virgin informed me that my broadband would go up higher than the multi-package if I cancelled the phone.

I ended up keeping the phone line but it hasn’t got a phone attached to it.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m with Virgin and have a broadband/landline package. Called them to cancel the landline because the only folk who phoned were PPI sales, ambulance chasers and my mum. (Mum now calls me on my mobile)

Virgin informed me that my broadband would go up higher than the multi-package if I cancelled the phone.

That's twatty.

Time for a different provider?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's twatty.

Time for a different provider?

Never had any issue with the broadband. I’m loathe to change and then be one of those on Facebook asking if <Insert ISP> is not working.

• Site Supporter

Keep getting a London number ringing, its apparently EE who need to speak to the Business owner for a free upgrade. 

Oh and 118 directory enquiries demanding that I give them all my details for their directory.. 

11 hours ago, MickyD said:

Did the same but with BT as their BB speed is good. Landline is not needed. 

I also cancelled Sky last month (with a months notice) and you are hassled to death with discounts in the last week before the actual termination date, so hold your nerve. 

I now pay £51 PCM for sky signature, sky sports, multiscreen and UHD on an 18 month contract.  

Edited by captainmed