Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prince Philip.

leigh white

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Same here but he obviously didn't do the PC or suffer fools gladly. Infinite levels of British social levels above me but I recognise a fellow disruptor... chuck that brick into the pond and watch the ripples and have a few drinks while at it.

Fair enough, its just not enough for me.to.mourn a bloke I've never met who lived a long life that most of us can only dream of.

I'll leave that to the people who knew him.

And the cap doffers 😉

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Fair enough, its just not enough for me.to.mourn a bloke I've never met who lived a long life that most of us can only dream of.

And the cap doffers 😉

Agreed, people do go too over the top regarding these things but I think the nation has lost a good man.

Just now, royal white said:

The amount of people who are going to be celebrating tonight because a lizard has died is a bit worrying. What is up with folk? I get people don’t like the royals but to go and celebrate because an elderly man has died is weird 

Go on, I'll bite.

Who is celebrating and what lizard? 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

The amount of people who are going to be celebrating tonight because a lizard has died is a bit worrying. What is up with folk? I get people don’t like the royals but to go and celebrate because an elderly man has died is weird 

It’s pathetic 

35 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

We lose them everyday without fanfare.

Yes we do but not all of them have lived their lives in the public eye. I suppose he was the Great Britain's Grandad. All good men.

Media deffo over the top...  currently watching France v England on I Player because BBC 4 is suspended... Why?

1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

BBC 4 has stopped broadcasting and is not airing a women's football game now. It's not all bad.

I'm been watching women's football as it helps me understand the way we have played this season

51 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

And the cap doffers 😉

Who’s asked you to mourn? 
No ones asked you to do anything. It’s just that you said you weren’t bothered then spent all night showing that really you are. In fact more than anyone. 
Lost count now.

Lad I know from old and have on FB posted today about how accurate his wife was predicting PP would die and she replied saying how people say she's a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist but how right was she.

Mon's 99 and just out of hospital, a blade of fucking grass could predict he'd die in the next year. 

3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

No ones asked you to do anything. It’s just that you said you weren’t bothered then spent all night showing that really you are. In fact more than anyone. 
Lost count now.

I've spent the evening talking with people who are, not being bothered doesn't mean you don't have an opinion.

Bit reductionist and simplistic as an argument.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Lost count now.

Weird isn't it. 

I certainly won't be losing any sleep tonight, nor will his passing weigh heavy on me, that doesn't mean you can't respect the fella, nor be grateful for his efforts.

Some strange bitterness and chip carrying apparently borne purely because of a poorly informed perception of someone else.

Parallels with captain Sir Tom. A few nasty comments about him and his family from some folk.

Didn't know either of them, but both appeared to be decent blokes, humble despite having stories to tell, and served their nation at its time of great need. 👍

6 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Lost count now.

Man who claims not to be bothered has more than double the posts of anyone else on the thread 😂

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, royal white said:

The amount of people who believe the shite you've just posted is a bit worrying. What is up with people?

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

The amount of people who believe the shite you've just posted is a bit worrying. What is up with people?

So you haven’t heard of the royal family being lizards? Mustn’t  be true then if Cheese and NIC have never heard of it. 

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've spent the evening talking with people who are, not being bothered doesn't mean you don't have an opinion.

Bit reductionist and simplistic as an argument.

You could pin that to any post on this forum.

It still wouldn’t make sense.