Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prince Philip.

leigh white

I'm no royalist and he's had a belting innings but I still find this sad news.  He's just always been around throughout all our lives and despite the odd faux pa's (usually a private conversation that's been leaked) he's served the UK brilliantly.

RIP Sir

Just flicking through the telly channels...

Now60's! has a picture of HRH in a skewifft busby and sombre instrumental music playing...

Clubland TV is being utterly disrespectful, 'DJ' Ewan's (the fat bloke from 'The Office' doing an Ali G pastiche) 'Uplifting Nineties' - disgusting.

Last track: Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
34 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I'm no royalist and he's had a belting innings but I still find this sad news.  He's just always been around throughout all our lives and despite the odd faux pa's (usually a private conversation that's been leaked) he's served the UK brilliantly.

RIP Sir

It’s the Queen I feel for. 70 years together. Heartbreaking.

• Members
Just now, bolton_blondie said:

73. At the end of the day they where someone's Grandma and Grandad. Mum and Dad. I'm shit with death. Dunno why I'm in the job I'm in 😢

My Nan and grandad are 55 years married, He went to work she did the house graft and raised 4 boys, they’re inseparable. Apart from when I’ve been to the match with him I don’t ever  recall seeing them separately. I fear for one when the other goes 

• Members
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

My Nan and grandad are 55 years married, He went to work she did the house graft and raised 4 boys, they’re inseparable. Apart from when I’ve been to the match with him I don’t ever  recall seeing them separately. I fear for one when the other goes 

I lost my Grandad when I was 14. Him and my Nana had been together since they where teenagers. To say I was heartbroken when he passed is a understatement.

My Nana is 90 now and still talks about him daily. I want to wrap her up in cotton wool. Makes me hurt inside even thinking about anything happening to her. The only nice thought I have is that they would be back together again 😢