Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phil Brown

Mounts Kipper

35 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Is Phil Brown not very well liked for some reasons?.

Don't know anything about the bloke really apart from his days at BWFC but one of them on under the cosh seems to have beef and others he speaks with seem to agree. Any ideas ?

I dont know the ins and outs of him but Todd junior obviously didn't like him, word has it Brown was working Todd senior out to get BSA in.

I'm under the impression he can do a bit of scheming behind the scenes. At the end of the day I'm average Joe and this is just my own impression. Maybe someone will have something more concrete 🤔

36 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

I dont know the ins and outs of him but Todd junior obviously didn't like him, word has it Brown was working Todd senior out to get BSA in.

I'm under the impression he can do a bit of scheming behind the scenes. At the end of the day I'm average Joe and this is just my own impression. Maybe someone will have something more concrete 🤔

I think he attacked Brown when Allardyce was Manager.

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Mini-Todd smacked Brownie at the Christmas piss up and broke his jaw

Smashed him with one of them tall ashtray stands 

1 hour ago, Whitestar said:

Is Phil Brown not very well liked for some reasons?.

Don't know anything about the bloke really apart from his days at BWFC but one of them on under the cosh seems to have beef and others he speaks with seem to agree. Any ideas ?

Brownie was a good player, Rioch's captain in the white hot days and he put some good performances in.

Also a bit of a lad with a continuous winter tan (we called him Captain Suntan) and a man about town which left him open for good natured joshin' from us lot... he was also a good wind up merchant on the pitch and I remember he was winding Aiden Davison (our goalie) up in a Manchester wine bar, threw a stool for him to catch, Davison missed and it went through the window... they legged it and a few ended up in the cells 🙂

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Brownie was a good player, Rioch's captain in the white hot days and he put some good performances in.

Also a bit of a lad with a continuous winter tan (we called him Captain Suntan) and a man about town which left him open for good natured joshin' from us lot... he was also a good wind up merchant on the pitch and I remember he was winding Aiden Davison (our goalie) up in a Manchester wine bar, threw a stool for him to catch, Davison missed and it went through the window... they legged it and a few ended up in the cells 🙂

AD was goalie coach at Brownie's last job in India, Sumo Morgan was assistant manager.

2 hours ago, Dimron said:

Brownie was a decent player but  also a magnificent captain and leader on the field.  Apparently he was the one that wound Collymore up at Burnden and got him sent off.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think he attacked Brown when Allardyce was Manager.

3 hours ago, Dimron said:

Mini-Todd smacked Brownie at the Christmas piss up and broke his jaw

3 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Didn't he openly slag off  his dad to his face ? Bad move all the same . Brownie still a legend to me and good luck to him.

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Smashed him with one of them tall ashtray stands 

story I heard was at a do, not long after BSA took charge, Browny was in the bogs at the same time as Todd and said something like "you're not going to find it easy to get in the side now you dad's not manager" or words to that effect, so Todd repeartedly smash his head into some porcelain

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

5 goals in the 93 season. Not a bad return for a full-back.

Had a knack of taking up that position (pomo now!) on the right hand corner of the box. Think it was Chesterfield when he rattled in 2 in a 5-0 win- with Peter Reid and his Everton team mates sat behind us in the manny road stand.

59 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

Brownie was a decent player but  also a magnificent captain and leader on the field.  Apparently he was the one that wound Collymore up at Burnden and got him sent off.

Wasn't it away at Trent Bridge?... Collymore came on from injury in the 2nd half and the Forest were singing "There's only one Stanlee". After he was off we were singing "Where's your Stanley gone?"

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Wasn't it away at Trent Bridge?... Collymore came on from injury in the 2nd half and the Forest were singing "There's only one Stanlee". After he was off we were singing "Where's your Stanley gone?"

We’re they having a quick game of cricket?

17 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Didnt Browny get our equaliser that day???

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had a knack of taking up that position (pomo now!) on the right hand corner of the box. Think it was Chesterfield when he rattled in 2 in a 5-0 win- with Peter Reid and his Everton team mates sat behind us in the manny road stand.

Peter Reid and chums were sat in front of us, towards the embankment. He was wearing a fedora if I recall. They were live on telly the day after.