Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford Away

RUREADY2ROLL

6 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

Let's hope half a lion can turn it on tonight, been disappointing last couple of games, he could be the difference! 

Whilst end product isn’t always there, he does a lot for us as an outlet for me - carrying it, drawing them in, drawing fouls and holding on to it

I’d definitely start him and it’s our best team ATM for me

COYWM

Just now, jules_darby said:

Whilst end product isn’t always there, he does a lot for us as an outlet for me - carrying it, drawing them in, drawing fouls and holding on to it

I’d definitely start him and it’s our best team ATM for me

COYWM

Yes however we need to see more in terms of goals/assists

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Perfect team selection for me, especially no Delf, our strongest eleven and a good bench too both attacking and defensively with Delaney and Brocky there if we have to hold out later. I definitely feel a good win coming on tonight.

Almost perfect, but i'd have Jensen instead of Delaney, i wouldn't trust Delaney to hold his own knob. I wouldn't mind betting Salford target Gilkes tonight for a bit of rough stuff.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Perfect team selection for me, especially no Delf, our strongest eleven and a good bench too both attacking and defensively with Delaney and Brocky there if we have to hold out later. I definitely feel a good win coming on tonight.

It cannot be 'a good bench defensively' without a GK.

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yeah I think IE would be the first to admit we want more of that from him

Even with it it I don’t see a better option currently though 

No and I’m certainly not calling for him to be dropped just we need to see more from him, he’s obviously a talented lad 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

No and I’m certainly not calling for him to be dropped just we need to see more from him, he’s obviously a talented lad 

I think if he could just get one he’d get a few more. Getting that first one is the frustrating bit but recently he seems to have been reluctant to shoot so hopefully he’ll get one and fire himself up.

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Have to agree with that not having seen Brocky in the nets. Seems an unnecessary risk to me at this stage.

I agree, surely no need to risk not having a goalie on the bench! Im sure Evatt must know that one of the outfield players is good enough  to  step in if the worst was to happen?

3 minutes ago, woolli said:

I agree, surely no need to risk not having a goalie on the bench! Im sure Evatt must know that one of the outfield players is good enough  to  step in if the worst was to happen?

Only an outfield player as good as Jagielka proved to be in goal is good enough.

1 minute ago, CJG said:

You wouldn't be saying that if 2 of our defenders were either injured or sent off.

That is more likely than us needing a keeper.

It may be a more likely emergency, but the concept of utility players in the outfield does not cover the unique demands of a GK.