Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford Away

RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

But the point is that 1 nil leads will not be enough in that league 

You really are a plum  

Imagine living with such a negative mindset   I wouldn’t open my curtains daily if I lived with that dark cloud rattling round in my head 

cheer up ffs 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Imagine thinking a 1-0 win wasn't good enough. As though you'd rather lose or draw than win 1-0. Madness.

Owen Coyle was like that. Rather play wide open and gung Ho even if it meant us getting tanked. Now he was a plum

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Imagine thinking a 1-0 win wasn't good enough. As though you'd rather lose or draw than win 1-0. Madness.

It is just a lack of intelligence or understanding. 

Last 8 games we have scored 10 conceded 4 for a plus 6 goal difference. Top of the form table with 19 points

Cambridge have scored 15 conceded 10 for a plus 5 goal difference second in form table with 16 points. 

It is almost like the game is decided based on attacking and defending. Weird. 

5 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Better quality opposition. Havent we played Crewe twice this season and they’ve looked   a much better side each time

Everyone looked a better side than us earlier in the season.

Winning by a single goal is enough in any division.  You just need to ensure you have a good enough defence to do it.  At present we do have and there's no reason to think that after a summer of recruitment we won't have the same again next season.

I pity whoever sits near you in the stadium.  You're obviously one of those who moans non-stop.

Get what he’s trying to say 

1-0 leads in a higher league against better opposition won’t always result in a win. Hence us needing to score more 

However that is dependent on how the back 4 performs. If we keep a large number of clean sheets then 1 goal is always enough 

36 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Better quality opposition. Havent we played Crewe twice this season and they’ve looked   a much better side each time

We played them at the start of the season with an entirely new squad and again in November when we weren't full-strength. Both were one-goal defeats. I'd fancy our chances now.

Edited by jmjhb

1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

We played them at the start of the season with an entirely new squad and again in November when we weren't full-strength. Both were one-goal defeats

please stop quoting the miserable WUM i have him on ignore. Although thanks for reminding me why. 3rd in league going for promotion and all he wants to do is bring up games against Crewe that are now completely irrelevant.  Might as well be terrified of playing Accrington again. 

52 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

please stop quoting the miserable WUM i have him on ignore. Although thanks for reminding me why. 3rd in league going for promotion and all he wants to do is bring up games against Crewe that are now completely irrelevant.  Might as well be terrified of playing Accrington again. 

you have me on ignore yet aren’t ignoring me..